Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS Decal
How long approximately have members waited for the DWR to send the AIS Decal after paying your $20 fee online?

In a few more days it will be two weeks since I paid the fee.  I am anxious to get the decal since there is the reported problem with them sending out last years decal, and I will be delayed a little longer if it is the wrong one.

Thanks for any info.
It just might be that they are sorting out the problem. (Yes, I agree that it shouldn't take long to simply stop sending the old ones, but if the supply of new ones is delayed...)

Nine days for me so far. Three of them were weekend and MLK day.
Thanks for the response.  Guess I'll wait it out, since it will be severak weeks before I can use my boat.  

I would hope that we get an update on the problem and what their timing schedule is for getting 2024 decals out.
I paid for mine on the 4th and still no sticker. 2.5 weeks is more than enough time to mail a sticker. I've already launched twice in 2024 so I'd like to get it on my boat.
(01-21-2024, 09:24 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: I paid for mine on the 4th and still no sticker. 2.5 weeks is more than enough time to mail a sticker. I've already launched twice in 2024 so I'd like to get it on my boat.

From what she told us, you should be fine without the decal, as long as you have the receipt for it. I printed out my receipt and plan on putting it on my dash, if I get my boat out before I get the new decal.
I just talked to Krystal, here is what she said:
"If you have any AIS issues that are in need of a quick response,
please contact Lt. Bruce Johnson at
Brucejohnson@utah.gov."
I emailed Lieutenant Bruce Johnson about this and got this reply this morning:

The stickers were ordered long ago. We are waiting for them to arrive. When they do, we will immediately ship them out to the boaters. You would be in compliance if you have in your possession the education course certificate and the fee payment certificate. We understand the delays associated with the mailing and decal process. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Sounds like "lowest bidder syndrome."
Thanks to all for following up with DWR on this issue. I printed out my receipt for the $20 AIS fee payment, so I will have a few copies for my truck, boat, etc. along with the 2024 Decontamination Cert.

Hope these hoops they are having us jump through will have some effect in preventing any infestations.