Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Marina Quest
Fished Utah State Park Marina off the docks in 6 inches of ice with my grandkids.  Landed 9 whites in 3 hours from our group.  All fish caught off the bottom with the entire tackle box of offerings.  No one setup did better than the other. 
[Image: 20240121-133804.jpg]

[Image: 20240121-165410.jpg]

[Image: 20240121-155706.jpg]
I'm glad to learn that there is ice thick enough to fish through. I was worried that there would not be because of our recent warm winter weather.
Congrats on taking the grand kids, that sounds like a great trip for you.... and fish too... way to go... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Good times! Those will make a mess of tacos for the crew!
Hoping to take my son to Provo Marina tomorrow to see if we can get into some white bass (or bluegill, perch, green sunfish, crappie...) through the ice. I'm guessing it's wet, slushy, and possibly unsafe right now, so plan A is to stick to the docks.

I have a variety of soft plastics and some standard jig heads in a few different weights, but nothing ice-specific. Anyone have recommendations for things to pick up from Sportsman's before we go? I was thinking maybe some waxworms or similar.
Last weekend I caught mine on a green fatfinky tipped with worm then switched to fresh white bass straps.

Hope that helps.