Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I Display
I expect this thread to be moved. This seems to be the biggest headache for all of us displaying our AIS cert and now added is the AIS vessel registration and set up of more complaints. When we first started displaying the launch certification (from annual test) with a piece of paper floating around on the dashboard, it was suggested to me by BearLakeFishGuy (Scott) to shrink it down and tape it inside lower corner driver side of windshield which is a good location and out of drivers view. I began with a full print out of my AIS Cert where my signature was required, scanned a copy and commenced to shrink it down to a 4"X6" which is a good size and very readable including my signature. Also, now added is AIS vessel registration with certification as it states must be on dashboard display too. Now by inserting it into a clear plastic pouch I find fading out has lessened but do keep an extra copy stowed away in vehicle compartment just in case. The pouch I use is for a handicap placard display that one can see in red or blue. Its the perfect protection and on hand for me with spares. Laminating would be another option to help with fade out. My display as stated is lower driver side windshield of my truck since is my main tow vehicle, but I have one made with my state parks fun tag that's transferable to another tow vehicle if need that can hang from inside rearview mirror, a double whammy for my truck. I have also maintained one over the years [i]taped to a side window in my boat but on starboard side. With the AIS decal now designated to the port side I'll relocate dashboard display to port side window. I know there are other ideas hoping to see posting here.[/i]

[Image: AIS-Display-Pouch.jpg]              [Image: AIS-Display.jpg]
Handicap Placard Pouch
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Feels like a perfectly good place for the post. It impacts many on the forum
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
How long did it take to get your sticker I did mine on jan2 and still no sticker?
(01-24-2024, 05:33 PM)oldguy Wrote: How long did it take to get your sticker I did mine on jan2 and still no sticker?

I did mine Jan 1 and had it by the end of the week. Unfortunately, it was not the right decal dated for 2023. Sent PM to AIS Krystal having wrong decal. Awaiting 2024 decal. I think they had to have new ones made which has bogged down their system.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF