Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco Run this year
Does anyone know if there has been any Cisco sightings yet?
Hey Dan, Mike was telling us last weekend that they had a few caught off of the rock pile... However, Scott wondered if they might have been small white fish that was misidentified since they look nearly identical, since he fished there a few days later and no one he was around had seen or caught any at the rock pile on that day... I think it was Friday last week... I seen someone else post they fished the weekend and no cisco were caught or seen on sonar... So at this point I think we are still waiting for first confirmed cisco siting's for the season... I think their big disco party is this weekend, so hopefully they show soon, but I haven't heard anyone on the fish yet... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-24-2024, 06:46 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Dan, Mike was telling us last weekend that they had a few caught off of the rock pile... However, Scott wondered if they might have been small white fish that was misidentified since they look nearly identical, since he fished there a few days later and no one he was around had seen or caught any at the rock pile on that day... I think it was Friday last week...  I seen someone else post they fished the weekend and no cisco were caught or seen on sonar... So at this point I think we are still waiting for first confirmed cisco siting's for the season... I think their big disco party is this weekend, so hopefully they show soon, but I haven't heard anyone on the fish yet... Later Jeff

Thaks Jeff , I only remember seeing them come in late once before. But I'm still watching the reports.
From what I've been hearing there is a lot of boats on the rock pile lately, so I'm sure someone will let us know if they show up, at least a day or two after they start... Good luck chasing them.. Jeff
We've fished the lake on Friday, Saturday and again today (Wednesday).  Absolutely no cisco yet, none on sonar either.  Have been catching more WF each trip.  Trout fishing (both cutts and lakers) has improved greatly since last Friday.  Here are a couple from today.

[Image: Brian-and-cutt-1-24-24.jpg]

[Image: scott-Cutt-1-24-24.jpg]
Thanks Scott, that looks like a fun trip.... Starting to get kind of late for the cisco to not even be showing on the rock pile isn't it? Almost February... Thanks for the updates and letting us know... Jeff