Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice conditions at Pineview and Rockport
From what I'm seeing where I have fished and trapped minnows and such and scouted the ice conditions are not getting better... yesterday I didn't see a sole on mantua which usually has people all week long this time of year... Hyrum had some folks early in the week, but as the week goes on they are fishing closer and closer to shore and last I seen were just barely off the ramp... I'm assuming that is due to crappy ice not fish location... when I pulled my minnow trap last night that pond was down to about 3" of ice left and the quality was pretty sketchy I wasn't sure if I'd make it back in without falling through... I did make it, but I was sure if I left the trap another night I wouldn't be able to retrieve it... I think it will be very day to day now on ice conditions.. There is a slight cool down at night for a couple days that might prolong the current fishable areas a few more days, but then it looks like a big warm up that will probably finish the ice until we get a real cool down again.. (This is for the low elevation typical ice fishing locations not strawberry and the gorge and Scofield) Don't know if you're into trout, but perhaps Strawberry may be a more safe option... I haven't heard a current slush report, but I guess it was pretty bad last week after the new snow... By now as cold as it usually is up there, it should be tightened back to fishable I'd think, but no first hand info... Good luck I sure hope you can have a fun trip... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ice conditions at Pineview and Rockport - by SkunkedAgain - 01-25-2024, 04:06 PM