Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
February Chill Predicted (Fox News)
LINK TO ARTICLE

Possible good news for ice anglers in February. 

Also, noticed on one of my long term forecast sources that teen and single digit nighttime temps were forecast for Willard in mid-February.
Hey Pat, I had heard the same thing from the YouTube weather guy looking at the longer term trends... Said the cold out of Alaska is headed our direction... Last month he was correct on what he predicted for the current weather, so he has a little credibility for a weather guy... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-25-2024, 04:48 PM)TubeDude Wrote: LINK TO ARTICLE

Also, noticed on one of my long term forecast sources that teen and single digit nighttime temps were forecast for Willard in mid-February.

Man I sure hope so Pat. I have been out twice on the ice. Once last month on Mantua for and hour and half. Last outing was two Fridays ago on Pineview for a couple of hours. No fish harmed at Mantua, but I did catch a couple of crappie on Pineview.  I really doubt my favorite, Deer creek will cap this year. I always enjoy trying to fool a walleye or two through the ice, but that hasn't happened this year yet. 
Gabe
(01-25-2024, 05:38 PM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 04:48 PM)TubeDude Wrote: LINK TO ARTICLE

Man I sure hope so Pat. I have been out twice on the ice. Once last month on Mantua for and hour and half. Last outing was two Fridays ago on Pineview for a couple of hours. No fish harmed at Mantua, but I did catch a couple of crappie on Pineview.  I really doubt my favorite, Deer creek will cap this year. I always enjoy trying to fool a walleye or two through the ice, but that hasn't happened this year yet. 
Gabe
Yeah, it "normally" takes a prolonged super cold snap to cap Deer Creek.  It is a deep lake and during mild winters it seldom freezes all the way.  But sometimes at least at the Charleston end.  I have had good trout fishing on 6" of ice at Charleston when the rest of the lake was wide open water.  Shhhhh...I have also caught some toothy critters up there in water less than 15' deep...while jigging for trout with hardware.  

Hope the forecrash is right and you still get in some hard water dunkin'.