Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco Disco
Well it looks like someone forget to start the music for the disco. All quite on Cisco beach, but lake is flat calm

[Image: IMG-2165.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2166.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2167.jpg]
(01-27-2024, 02:43 PM)2knots Wrote: Well it looks like someone forget to start the music for the disco. All quite on Cisco beach, but lake is flat calm

So no luck whatsoever? Are you out there right now?
This is from the DWR fishing report a couple of days ago.
 [b][font="Tahoma", sans-serif]Bear Lake (Blue Ribbon):[/b][/font]
[font="Tahoma", sans-serif]The cisco run has started at Bear Lake! Boat anglers started catching cisco on the "rockpile" on Jan. 25. Shore dipnetting should start picking up over the next couple of days. The lake is completely open water. The cisco run should last for at least one week and possibly a bit longer. The Bear Lake Winterfest happens Jan. 27. Staff at Bear Lake State Park are encouraging boat anglers to launch their boats on the east side of the lake, either at First Point or Rainbow Cove. The courtesy docks are back in the water at each ramp. [font="Tahoma", sans-serif](Jan. 25, 2024)[/font]

[/font]
(01-27-2024, 05:00 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 02:43 PM)2knots Wrote: Well it looks like someone forget to start the music for the disco. All quite on Cisco beach, but lake is flat calm

So no luck whatsoever? Are you out there right now?

We were there until about 9, saw 1 laker caught from a boat off the beach. Didn’t see any Cisco at all but quite the crowd there with the Winterfest going on.

(01-27-2024, 06:11 PM)TubeDude Wrote: This is from the DWR fishing report a couple of days ago.
 [b][font="Tahoma", sans-serif]Bear Lake (Blue Ribbon):[/b][/font]
[font="Tahoma", sans-serif]The cisco run has started at Bear Lake! Boat anglers started catching cisco on the "rockpile" on Jan. 25. Shore dipnetting should start picking up over the next couple of days. The lake is completely open water. The cisco run should last for at least one week and possibly a bit longer. The Bear Lake Winterfest happens Jan. 27. Staff at Bear Lake State Park are encouraging boat anglers to launch their boats on the east side of the lake, either at First Point or Rainbow Cove. The courtesy docks are back in the water at each ramp. [font="Tahoma", sans-serif](Jan. 25, 2024)[/font]

[/font]

Well they haven’t found the beach, there were about 20 boats out in the rock pile area when we left and got back over to that side of the pond. Lots of boats launching on the east side
Thanks for the report Alan, I don't feel as bad about not being able to go on Saturday... Sorry it was long ride for no cisco... Hope they show up soon... I really ought to go get some fresh ones, my last year left overs are starting to get freezer burned... need some new bait for next year... later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-29-2024, 03:40 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks for the report Alan, I don't feel as bad about not being able to go on Saturday... Sorry it was long ride for no cisco... Hope they show up soon... I really ought to go get some fresh ones, my last year left overs are starting to get freezer burned... need some new bait for next year... later Jeff

Don't you vacuum pack your cisco Jeff? I have some that are 5 years old and they still look fresh.
(01-29-2024, 06:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 03:40 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks for the report Alan, I don't feel as bad about not being able to go on Saturday... Sorry it was long ride for no cisco... Hope they show up soon... I really ought to go get some fresh ones, my last year left overs are starting to get freezer burned... need some new bait for next year... later Jeff

Don't you vacuum pack your cisco Jeff? I have some that are 5 years old and they still look fresh.

Nope I just put them in zip locks and this batch I didn't even put water in with them, so they went bad or dried out anyway... Kind of figured I'd use them up before now, but didn't get out much after the ice last winter... They still work, but not as well... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-29-2024, 06:16 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 06:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Nope I just put them in zip locks and this batch I didn't even put water in with them, so they went bad or dried out anyway... Kind of figured I'd use them up before now, but didn't get out much after the ice last winter... They still work, but not as well... Later J
When I bought my first vacuum packer almost twenty years ago now I bought it just for cisco but now I mainly use it for chubs but the price for the packer and paper is not bad, if you know where to look Wink