Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 1/27
Checked out Dixie Hollow yesterday, found 2 inches of clear ice with about 3 inches of cloudy ice on top,  edges weren't too bad yet, one medium step out and no-one got wet feet. With the weather forecast this week I expect ice conditions may deteriorate quickly. 
Fished from 11am to 2pm and got 3 bites, each about 45 minutes apart, didn't manage to hook any of them unfortunately. 
All bites were on a white trout magnet tipped with a small piece of shrimp.
(01-28-2024, 09:34 PM)Hoobie Wrote: Checked out Dixie Hollow yesterday, found 2 inches of clear ice with about 3 inches of cloudy ice on top,  edges weren't too bad yet, one medium step out and no-one got wet feet. With the weather forecast this week I expect ice conditions may deteriorate quickly. 
Fished from 11am to 2pm and got 3 bites, each about 45 minutes apart, didn't manage to hook any of them unfortunately. 

Thanks for the report, too bad the catching wasn't good but at least you were able to get out and give it a try. How deep was the water you were fishing in? Anyone else fishing in that area?
(01-29-2024, 01:20 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 09:34 PM)Hoobie Wrote: Checked out Dixie Hollow yesterday, found 2 inches of clear ice with about 3 inches of cloudy ice on top,  edges weren't too bad yet, one medium step out and no-one got wet feet. With the weather forecast this week I expect ice conditions may deteriorate quickly. 

Thanks for the report, too bad the catching wasn't good but at least you were able to get out and give it a try. How deep was the water you were fishing in? Anyone else fishing in that area?

There were a few guys nearby when I got there who had some success earlier in the day in shallow water,  so I chose a similar spot in about 10-15ft of water and fished 1-3ft up from the bottom.
Thank you for your update!