Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet Foot Day
Guess I'm done ice fishing until it gets cold again around here... I put my foot through to my knee again today... Yesterday I was on a different pond and just off the bank my first stab with my spud went through so my local stuff is done... I still seen folks on Hyrum dam cam today... Curious how that ice is doing, and Newton... I expect it's probably not going to last much longer either... Be really careful out there, no warning before you drop through like you get on black ice that will crack and sag... This stuff just drops all at once... I'm usually smart enough to stay off when it gets to this point, but since I have been on shallow water I guess I'm dumber and think I won't drown, just get wet so I've pushed my luck.... Tell you one thing, you can go from acceptable ice to crap in one step and it doesn't look any different from the surface.. I was using the spud and had two hits not going through and the next one with one hit I about lost my spud because it went through so easy... really variable conditions right now so don't trust anything... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
do you mind sharing which lakes you had these experiences with?
I guess it was the same lake in two different areas, it's Cutler Reservoir in Cache Valley... Other areas on the same lake were open water yesterday... Maybe the inversion will help bring some ice back, it was down to 20 this morning and the highs aren't getting to the mid 40's like they predicted, so maybe we have a little hope... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!