Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Full (Only the second time in over a decade!)
As of today, Utah Lake is at Compromise level. That is only the second time since 2011 and great news.

[Image: Utah-Lake-full-2-5-2024.jpg]

With another good spawn very likely this year, we should see some 14" white bass this year along with other good stuff!
(02-05-2024, 05:18 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: As of today, Utah Lake is at Compromise level. That is only the second time since 2011 and great news.

[Image: Utah-Lake-full-2-5-2024.jpg]

With another good spawn very likely this year, we should see some 14" white bass this year along with other good stuff!

That is great news. Big Grin
So with all the water we had last year, it never fill up? I wonder if that is because of all the water they sent to the great salt lake Undecided
(02-05-2024, 08:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: So with all the water we had last year, it never fill up? I wonder if that is because of all the water they sent to the great salt lake Undecided

Last year made up most of the deficit. It went from almost 7 feet down to only 1 foot down last year. I suspect the water managers made the decision to send more down to the GSL at that point because over the winter (in the years I have watched) UL usually gains right at 1 foot (from (Oct to March). 

I think it was well managed in that regard.
You can bet that they will start releasing water to the GSL any time now with all the rain and snow we have been getting. I mean no sense in storing it upstream when you can let it go down to the GSL. Personally I am looking forward to getting the boat on the water as soon as there is a half decent day. Would of launched last week, but to much ice in the harbor ! Looking forward to getting on the water !!
Tomorrow the water starts heading north. That announcement came from KSL.

rj
LINK TO ARTICLE

Here is a link to an article from Channel 4.com that provides more info and explanation.  They are predicting 300 million gallons of water per day going down to Salt Lake while the gates are open.  But the amount of flow and the length of time will be determined by ongoing weather patterns and inflow to Utah Lake.

Gonna be like pushing the "flush" handle on the lake.  Hope it helps clean out some of the accumulated nasties that have been building up during the low water years...without flushing out all the fish.
This is good to see. I’m glad UL is “full”, but there is still a long ways to go for the GSL. Hopefully, the legislature will approve the monies that Casey Snider is requesting to put more metering devices on inflows to the GSL. I’m all for conserving water, but don’t want to do so and then have those water savings simply switched to a new subdivision instead of getting to the lake.
(02-08-2024, 01:58 PM)TubeDude Wrote: LINK TO ARTICLE

Here is a link to an article from Channel 4.com that provides more info and explanation.  They are predicting 300,000 gallons of water per day going down to Salt Lake while the gates are open.  But the amount of flow and the length of time will be determined by ongoing weather patterns and inflow to Utah Lake.

Gonna be like pushing the "flush" handle on the lake.  Hope it helps clean out some of the accumulated nasties that have been building up during the low water years...without flushing out all the fish.

Thanks Pat, that does give a little more clarity to the plan. We can only wait and see how the level changes over the next few months.