Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-17 Stawberry report
Hit Strawberry this morning. Temp was -8° when I got there.  Went a little over a mile from the marina on snowmobiles.  The slush wasn’t terrible for my sled but snow dogs didn’t get very far. Walking was terrible, up to or above the knees in snow/slush. No quads or side by sides out and about. Fishing was just ok, too difficult to move spots with my wife in tow, had everything including the kitchen sink in that tent! She was thrilled with the 8 or so she caught.  Hard to really judge the fishing when I’m baiting her hooks and releasing her fish and re-rigging rods.  It was a successful trip because she had fun. But setting up in that deep stuff is work.  Lined the floor with those interlocking foam tiles which help keep our chairs and feet from sinking in the tent.  

PS Livescope is a game changer!
(02-18-2024, 02:07 AM)Troutster Wrote: Hit Strawberry this morning. Temp was -8° when I got there.  Went a little over a mile from the marina on snowmobiles.  The slush wasn’t terrible for my sled but snow dogs didn’t get very far. Walking was terrible, up to or above the knees in snow/slush. No quads or side by sides out and about. Fishing was just ok, too difficult to move spots with my wife in tow, had everything including the kitchen sink in that tent! She was thrilled with the 8 or so she caught.  Hard to really judge the fishing when I’m baiting her hooks and releasing her fish and re-rigging rods.  It was a successful trip because she had fun. But setting up in that deep stuff is work.  Lined the floor with those interlocking foam tiles which help keep our chairs and feet from sinking in the tent.  

PS Livescope is a game changer!

Thanks for your report.  I hope with the night and morning temperatures being negative that the slush would freeze solid in a few days.
Sounds like you made the most of tough conditions... Glad you got it to work so your wife had fun... You must have did a good job of setting up so it wasn't miserable for her... Thanks for the report.. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!