Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New H2 Yamaha Outboard
Start digging deep into the pockets. This will give a whole new meaning to Marine. My curiosity will be "How Much". Next, once this gets on the market in use, what is the lifespan?

Yamaha hydrogen combustion outboard brings more clean H2 to boating (newatlas.com)
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Well hydrogen is preferable over electric anytime but I'm with you, it's the cost that will determine if this will be an option or not. The article says this technically will premiere Feb 14 to the 18th, since those dates have already past, I wonder what they showed there or are they saying next Feb Undecided That autonomous boat docking sounds interesting as well.
Curt, I knew the show has passed but the info was interesting enough to still post. 
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(02-26-2024, 02:08 PM)Bduck Wrote: Curt, I knew the show has passed but the info was interesting enough to still post. 

Did you hear anything after the show was over about what they unveiled, that the article was talking about?
This is what I found

Yamaha's world-first hydrogen outboard unveiled on prototype boat (newatlas.com)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kensilverst...89eac5f243
Harrisville UT
Wow, those tanks sure do take up a lot of room. This is a 26.8 ft boat, makes me wonder if it would even work on smaller boats that are 10 ft shorter, like mine.

[Image: Newly-designed-boat.avif]