Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Pat Willard Fliggging
I’m trying to decide where to fish this Friday, the wind is not looking good for Friday, but Willard looks decent, if you where going to target cats with fligs this time of year at Willard, where would you start at Willard?
(02-29-2024, 02:43 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I’m trying to decide where to fish this Friday, the wind is not looking good for Friday, but Willard looks decent, if you where going to target cats with fligs this time of year at Willard, where would you start at Willard?

South Marina area.  I have done well in the past in February fishing all the way from inside the boat channel out  to deeper water.   That inflow from the baffles creates a small current of new water that draws in walleyes and cats too.

Once outside, I would make S turns from just off the dikes out to 20' or so...to find the fish and the best depths.  And I suspect our fave area straight out from the feed lot tower will hold some fish too.

I got one of my cats last week on a gold flig with orange spots...fished slow on a short (14") leader.  But fire tiger and chartreuse should work well too.  And blue/silver is always a good bet.  Got one of my cats on that color last week.

I tipped my jigs with chub meat last week but this time of year they hit crawlers almost as well.  And I got my fish out in 20' of water but I'm sure there will be some a lot shallower.

Good luck.