Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24 Volt system
I'm upgrading to a 24V trolling motor. I admit I'm not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to wiring so my question is. Will I now have to run all of my 12V items off of my starting battery?
Thanks for any help
Terry
That is one way to do it and it's exactly how I did it before I upgraded and have two 12 vt batteries. One I use for all my electronics and one that I use just for starting my main motor. I also upgraded to an electric start kicker motor, that charges the battery that powers my electronics, so it helps charge that battery when I'm trolling with it. Others might have different thoughts but I don't think it's a good idea to use your electric trolling motor batteries to power your electrics.
Thanks Curt
I run 2 12volts to make 24 for the electric motor and a 3rd 12 to run everything else .That way I don't have to worry about killing the batteries with the electric motor and not being able to start the main motor to make in.
(03-06-2024, 12:14 AM)nofish2 Wrote: I run 2 12volts to make 24 for the electric motor and a 3rd 12 to run everything else .That way I don't have to worry about killing the batteries with the electric motor and not being able to start the main motor to make in.

That is what I have done. I didn't really have room for a 4th battery. Thanks for the reply.