Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Gone but not forgotten
Along with Kent and WH2 I have been on BFT since 2002.  Have made a lot of friends and fished with a lot of fellow BFTers during that time.  And over the years I have maintained a computer file of all the names and personal info like email addresses, phone numbers, etc.

I was recently going through my list and felt some twinges as I came across some names.  A lot of my listings are no longer active on the board...moved away, just stopped posting...or have passed on to that big keyboard in the sky.

Posting some pictures of a few of my former BFT fishing buddies who are no longer "on this side".  I'm sure there are others with whom I have lost contact that are also departed.  And I recall postings from other members about other BFTers who "reached their expiration date".

Don't know how many of our current members knew the folks in the attached pics, but here they are for those who remember them.

[Image: GAME-ON.jpg] [Image: GEEZER-AND-THE-CAT.jpg] [Image: ICE-PRINCESS-AND-SHEYENNE.jpg]
[Image: LEAKY-AND-SPARKY.jpg] [Image: PRINCEFISHER-AFLOAT.jpg]

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Geezer was my fishing partner to the end! He had the best sense of humor and the best of friends. Looking forward to fishing with him again.
I only fished with Marty but knew several of the others from reading their fishing reports.
Nice post Pat, I knew three of them, but a few were before my days began on the site... Good to remember, I suspect there are several others that I can't remember right now... Been lots of good folks on here over the years and still are lots of great ones here as well... Sad you lose good friends along the way... Thanks Pat... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Pat,
What about the gal who was really young (early 20's) and had breathing problems/other physical problems who never wanted to give up and fished the urban fisheries along the front? I can't recall her name, but she was very friendly and was a great inspiration to those with handicaps in life.
(03-14-2024, 02:21 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: Pat,
What about the gal who was really young (early 20's) and had breathing problems/other physical problems who never wanted to give up and fished the urban fisheries along the front?  I can't recall her name, but she was very friendly and was a great inspiration to those with handicaps in life.

Dawn.  "Vivid Dawn"?
(03-14-2024, 02:21 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: Pat,
What about the gal who was really young (early 20's) and had breathing problems/other physical problems who never wanted to give up and fished the urban fisheries along the front?  I can't recall her name, but she was very friendly and was a great inspiration to those with handicaps in life.
Yes.  Her BFT name was Vivid Dawn.  Her real name was Julia.  And she was good friends with Ice Princess.,

She moved into an assisted living facility here in Salt Lake a couple of years ago and I picked her up for a couple of fishing trips.  But the number I had for her no longer works and my wife says she has not been on BookFace for a while.  I suspect the worst.
I remember a couple of regular posters on the old forum before the interface changed a few years ago. There was those tyedyetwins with the crazy hair and that character flyfishinglover. I've been here for a while I guess, just not always active.
(03-14-2024, 05:35 PM)Envenomation09 Wrote: I remember a couple of regular posters on the old forum before the interface changed a few years ago. There was those tyedyetwins with the crazy hair and that character flyfishinglover. I've been here for a while I guess, just not always active.

Both of those "entities" are part of the "drifted off" contingent.  Lots of those from the past.  The twins got totally immersed in their professional education and I think they moved out of state.   Some of the changes in format have cost us a few members....and FaceBook forums.  But the harsh truth is that we are not the center of the fishing universe and cannot be all things to all people.  And when lifestyles, jobs or other factors dictate moving out of state...or at least temporarily changing fishing habits...some folks just don't click on our website any more.

It is a rare trip to Willard or other waters when I do not have "ghosts from the past" who recognize me and come over for a brief visit.  Also get a lot of "lurkers" who recognize me from my posts on BFT but who have never registered and/or do not contribute.  Some hardcore members resent those folks but I personally am glad they at least consider us a worthy resource.  And a lot of them eventually do sign on...once they determine that we are not like a lot of other forums that are contentious and degrading to "lesser" posters.  But the fact that there are often more takers than givers on the board is a reason not to "overdivulge" or "hot spot" locations that would not benefit from a horde of new harvesters.
What ever happened to Flygodess, she used to post quite a bit.
(03-14-2024, 07:26 PM)lovetofish Wrote: What ever happened to Flygodess, she used to post quite a bit.

She's still around.  Even put up a post a couple of weeks ago.  But definitely among the numbers of the members from the past that ain't doin' much in the present.

Her husband retired and they spend a lot of time in Idaho during prime fishing months.  And in addition to fly flinging for carp, she even force feeds a few of them with arrows.  Not a purist, that girl.
I remember Geezer and Leaky, thanks for the memory ‘jump start’ Pat!
I miss VividDawn.
And FFL would crack me up with his ‘word-smithing’.
I teased him once about it and he got really Angry.
I wish he was still around so I could make a public apology to him.
Take care!
Ya know old Coyote Spinner hasn't been seen on line for a long time.... and Bama I think that was his name, he moved to the south (Georgia or Alabama)... Ben didn't move to Texas too long ago but I haven't heard from him since.... Old Coot headed to Washington I think.... Man there were a lot of good friends I miss from years gone by... Even Gary and Kay and Kim haven't been heard from for quite awhile... Lots of good friends over the years... Hope they are doing well and not fishing the pond in the sky... Doing our Survivor memory day, lot of fun... Later J
(03-14-2024, 11:15 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Ya know old Coyote Spinner hasn't been seen on line for a long time.... and Bama I think that was his name, he moved to the south (Georgia or Alabama)... Ben didn't move to Texas too long ago but I haven't heard from him since....  Old Coot headed to Washington I think.... Man there were a lot of good friends I miss from years gone by... Even Gary and Kay and Kim haven't been heard from for quite awhile... Lots of good friends over the years... Hope they are doing well and not fishing the pond in the sky...  Doing our Survivor memory day, lot of fun... Later J
Gary, Kim, & Kay are doing fine Jeff.  Mostly on fb these days.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-14-2024, 11:15 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Ya know old Coyote Spinner hasn't been seen on line for a long time.... and Bama I think that was his name, he moved to the south (Georgia or Alabama)... Ben didn't move to Texas too long ago but I haven't heard from him since....  Old Coot headed to Washington I think.... Man there were a lot of good friends I miss from years gone by... Even Gary and Kay and Kim haven't been heard from for quite awhile... Lots of good friends over the years... Hope they are doing well and not fishing the pond in the sky...  Doing our Survivor memory day, lot of fun... Later J

Ralph (Old Coot) has moved back to Utah and is still among the living.  He just lost interest in BFT.

I have wondered what became of sawdustbob. I haven't heard anything from Bob in years. He had some health issues and I have a hunch he is fishing some new waters these days.
Thanks for the updates Bob and Kent, Good to know they are still around and doing well... I knew K2 was around, just hadn't heard much from them... But I didn't know Ralph was back, and last I had heard from Gary he was having some health issues so it's good to know he's doing okay... Great guy, he really helped me get my trolling game going when I got my own boat for the first time. Taught me how to use a down rigger, I need to do more of that again, it was a lot of fun... Later J
my best fishing buddy, 3M, past away last oct. she was apart of bft for many many moons. i miss her dearly
(03-15-2024, 07:26 PM)Coldfooter Wrote: my best fishing buddy, 3M, past away last oct. she was apart of bft for many many moons. i miss her dearly

Hi Don.  Good to see you are still with us.  Sorry to hear about MMM.  She really was a fine lady tangler...and just a great person.  But with all of the physical problems she developed her final years were not her best.  She was lucky to have you to look after her.  How are you doing?
(03-14-2024, 07:51 PM)MrShane Wrote: I remember Geezer and Leaky, thanks for the memory ‘jump start’ Pat!
I miss VividDawn.
Take care!

I remember Leaky from the 'Utah Flyway Forum' too. I was the moderator for over 10 years, and he used to post about his waterfowl
hunting trips. Kind of a funny guy. I think social media like FaceBook and such has had an influence of where people hang their hat. The Utah Flyway Forum used to have tons of posting but now has all but died. Dubob was/is a member of the UFF I don't know if he still posts there 
or not because I haven't even looked there in years.
(03-15-2024, 09:41 PM)lovetofish Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 07:51 PM)MrShane Wrote: I remember Geezer and Leaky, thanks for the memory ‘jump start’ Pat!
I miss VividDawn.
Take care!

I remember Leaky from the 'Utah Flyway Forum' too. I was the moderator for over 10 years, and he used to post about his waterfowl
hunting trips. Kind of a funny guy. I think social media like FaceBook and such has had an influence of where people hang their hat. The Utah Flyway Forum used to have tons of posting but now has all but died. Dubob was/is a member of the UFF I don't know if he still posts there 
or not because I haven't even looked there in years.
Here are a couple more pics of Leaky and his sidekick.  He seemed to be equally happy with either a shotgun or a fishing pole.
[Image: LEAKY-SPARKY.jpg]  [Image: LEAKY-PIKE.jpg]