Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum
Wind did some good damage to the ice last night at Hyrum.
It's been starting the last few days, I kind of expected it to do more with all the wind... Can you tell what has been happening by the ramp? That camera hasn't updated for almost a week. But the east end is getting there... Sure seems like it's taken a long time to clear this year since everything else started to go bad a month ago or more... You'll have to let us know how the fishing is when it clears... I'm thinking with the lite numbers ice fishing we might get some 13" bows this spring... hoping so... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-15-2024, 04:33 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: It's been starting the last few days, I kind of expected it to do more with all the wind... Can you tell what has been happening by the ramp?  That camera hasn't updated for almost a week.  But the east end is getting there...  Sure seems like it's taken a long time to clear this year since everything else started to go bad a month ago or more... You'll have to let us know how the fishing is when it clears...  I'm thinking with the lite numbers ice fishing we might get some 13" bows this spring... hoping so... Later J

30' or open on edge by ramp. Open east of beach, everything else still ice but looking ready to go.
I like Hyrum for bass. Not slimers. Sadly, it's also popular for wake boats who churn back and forth in that narrow lake.
Well you don't have to fish for bows, but don't push to remove them, I need a spot that still grows big bows close to me... I love to catch a big bow and it's getting harder and harder to find a spot you can do that... Too many vocal folks wants perch and warm water instead of trout and sorry but I still like to catch the fish I grew up on... I love a tail dancing bow breaking the water, and they smoke up really nice... Sorry just had to stick up for the bows seems they keep reducing the numbers they are planting in there... but I agree with you on the too many squad boats, that place is a nightmare after the first of May till October... Wake boats on that pond have nearly sunk me a couple times... So I always have to quit fishing by ten after the water gets warm enough that they come to play, but I guess I don't fish much after the first of May anyway... One thing farming is good for, keeps me from drowning from the wake boats... Sorry I was a little sensitive on the bow deal, but they seems to be reducing what they want to plant in there, it used to be a great bow reservoir, now they plant such low numbers they catch them all out before they get bigger than 14".... Dreaming of the day when you could go catch a limit of 18"-22" bows again... Later J
Each to his own, J. I always think there's less competition for me when I see boats trouting.

I grew up on bass and bluegill, so I get it about Utahns and trout.
Yup we like what we grew up on, those old memories of fishing with Dad... Hey check out the dam cam this morning, it's looking good this morning... Couple days we can probably launch a boat again... I'm looking forward to it and might even get a trip in Friday... Hoping so anyway... Later J
It's fully open water this morning.... Tried to get my trolling motor up and running to hit Hyrum, but first attempt didn't fix it... I'll have to try again... Like to try a trolling trip for Friday... Later J
(03-19-2024, 02:47 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: It's fully open water this morning.... Tried to get my trolling motor up and running to hit Hyrum, but first attempt didn't fix it... I'll have to try again... Like to try a trolling trip for Friday... Later J

maybe today. I too will have to work on my trolling motor buy I do have some Amish trolling bags which are pretty darn good.
Good deal, I'll be watching for a report... I hit Cutler last night and was really surprised by how active all the fish were... Didn't bite as well as the activity made me think they should... But was still a nice night on the pond... Good luck... Later J
So Packfish, I watched a boat on the cams for a couple hours, looked like a trihull, was that you? Didn't take a picture while they were catching a fish, so still hoping for a good report... Later J
I also note that they are letting more water out and reservoir is at 70% full.
It was not me. I had some sea deck material arrive and I spent the day cutting  and installing  it.
Okay thanks for getting back with me... Soon though I hope... Later J