Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard
Hit the south marina to day.  Water is 43 degrees.  A few people in the outside parking lot walking in. 

[Image: 20240319-130819.jpg]
 A few at the boat ramp. 

[Image: 20240319-122406.jpg]

Be careful on the ramp, lots of moss very slippery.  Had to use 4 wheels to pull the boat out.
No bites , found very few fish around  the river mouth. Several boats went to the west dike, I think.
The inlet is muddy and no big flow yet.

[Image: 20240319-075045.jpg]

Don't be afraid to make a report and help others out.
(03-19-2024, 09:32 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Hit the south marina to day.  Water is 43 degrees.  A few people in the outside parking lot walking in. 

A few at the boat ramp. 

Be careful on the ramp, lots of moss very slippery.  Had to use 4 wheels to pull the boat out.
No bites , found very few fish around  the river mouth. Several boats went to the west dike, I think.

I just think the water needs to warm, I know people want to get out there and get into them. It is going to be a month or two until the fishing gets good. The peek is the middle of May to the middle of June with fair fishing, scratching out a few a couple weeks before and after that time frame.
I was most interested in playing with my garmin. Lots to learn. Did some mapping. Couldn't see anything on my side view. Need to work on that. But the gps location works great.
Ira and I launched out of the north marina and headed down to the west dike area to start, pulled fligs and bottom bouncers around there and then up toward the light pole before we moved to freeway. Marked some fish at all spots but didn’t find any biters. Temp was 43 when we launched and almost 48 in freeway at the end of our day. Saw Red Rebel and a few other regulars an out there. FYI they have changed how you get into the north marina, you have to turn right and wind back to the northwest now, they took the old toll booths out today so that entrance is closed
(03-19-2024, 09:32 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Hit the south marina to day.  Water is 43 degrees.  A few people in the outside parking lot walking in. 

A few at the boat ramp. 

I almost got taken out by the moss when retrieving my boat. Slow day fishing but I was able to bring home one walleye. I think I’m gonna work on my Kokanee techniques for a couple weeks. Kent stopped by to say hi to me and give some tips and I always appreciate him. 

[Image: IMG-0588.jpg]