Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Spring Ice at Panguitch
I fished Panguitch this morning from 8:30 to 1pm and caught a mixed bag of 45+ rainbows and cutthroat. Found 18” of ice with a hard layer of snow on top that made travel easy. I started in 50’ of water then moved into 21’ off of the main boat ramp. I caught them on my favorite white with red flake Gitzilla early switching to orange glow after 11am. I tipped with meal worm and caught most from the top down to 15’.
Panguitch has been good to you this ice season!
Dang...gonna be a hot minute before ice off up there.
(04-03-2024, 08:02 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Dang...gonna be a hot minute before ice off up there.

Just means some of those fish won't have a sore lip for a few extra weeks from your flys richy! I seen some of your reports last year, you definitely have it dialed in! Of course that seems to be the same with all the places you fish. You certainly know how to catch them. I always enjoy your reports and pics.
(04-02-2024, 10:29 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I fished Panguitch this morning from 8:30 to 1pm and caught a mixed bag of 45+ rainbows and cutthroat. Found 18” of ice with a hard layer of snow on top that made travel easy. I started in 50’ of water then moved into 21’ off of the main boat ramp. I caught them on my favorite white with red flake Gitzilla early switching to orange glow after 11am. I tipped with meal worm and caught most from the top down to 15’.

I stopped by Panguitch again today on my way home from St. George. I only fished from 7:45-9:15 this morning, before it got breezy and became hard to detect the light bites, so I bagged it and got on the road to home having only iced 12 fish. Same as last time, 14-16"  roughly half Bows and half Cutts. Same 18" of ice with very compacted and hard layer of snow on top, there is some melting around the edges, but access is still easy.
(04-04-2024, 01:45 AM)Saltslam Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 08:02 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Dang...gonna be a hot minute before ice off up there.

Just means some of those fish won't have a sore lip for a few extra weeks from your flys richy! I seen some of your reports last year, you definitely have it dialed in! Of course that seems to be the same with all the places you fish. You certainly know how to catch them. I always enjoy your reports and pics.

haha, very true...let them enjoy this time, although it sounds like the hard deck guys have been making them plenty sore this winter/spring! I'm glad you enjoy my reports! I often wonder if I should continue posting, but I know I've personally enjoyed reading everyone else's reports here for over a decade now...so I'll keep at it! Guess I'll have to stick to my LMs for now until mother nature cooperates and I can get up to my honey holes. Tight lines!