Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp at Utah Lake
Has anyone seen if the carp are starting to move into the shallows at Utah Lake? I’m hoping to go down and shoot some this weekend. Thanks.
(04-18-2024, 02:49 AM)Sbg89 Wrote: Has anyone seen if the carp are starting to move into the shallows at Utah Lake? I’m hoping to go down and shoot some this weekend. Thanks.

Outdoors with Adam Eakle had a show about it almost two weeks ago, where they were bow fishing for carb, so they were in the shallows then.
Just starting to move in...after water temps hit about 55.  Spawn is at 65 so there won't be any rolling and thrashing yet but you will find some enjoying warmer water temps...especially late afternoons on south facing or west facing shorelines.
[Image: GOOD-CARP.jpg]

Thanks for the feedback
(04-18-2024, 02:49 AM)Sbg89 Wrote: Has anyone seen if the carp are starting to move into the shallows at Utah Lake? I’m hoping to go down and shoot some this weekend. Thanks.

I live close to the lake and ride my bike on the trail that goes along the north shore by saratoga and lehi  Yesterday I was out there and the water is higher than I've ever seen it and looks like chocolate milk.  I did hear some splashing in the shallows but didnt see pods of horny carp like I usually do when it's warm.  There may be some here and there but they are hard to see.