Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Any word on the ice conditions at Strawberry?
Just wondering if ice off is happening yet?
I would be interested too. If it’s still fishable from the hard deck, I have a couple boys that would like to go. If anyone has a report, please put it up.

I keep saying my last trip to Strawberry to ice fish is the last…until it’s not. Pretty sure this would be the LAST one if it were to happen tomorrow.
I can't speak to hard deck but the resort posted that ice was starting to receed but did not recommend shore fishing - yet. The word i get is next weekend, if temps and wind cooperate, that shore fishing will be possible.

That said there was a shore fishing post on Facebook with a reported 10 ish caught. I could not tell if it was the ladders or some other location.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Just fyi for those that want to know. The Berry still fishable on ice, BUT lots of slush once sun comes up. Buddy fished it yesterday. When he stepped out of his tent, he went thru to the tops of his boots. Use caution if you go. Ice is going fast, so won’t be too long before it starts to pull away for ice off.
I just got back from a Sunday afternoon drive by Strawberry/SC. The wading army was fishing ice off at the ladders. The ice looked really sketchy. You couldn't get me out on it. The road to the SC marina and Aspen were still snow covered and will need to be plowed.