Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade
Drove up Thursday. Fished Thursday evening.  Trolled perch shad raps. 6 trout and 11 perch that evening. Perch were 1 at 6 inch , 1 at 10 and the other 9 from 12 to 14". All perch had 4 inch or better perch in their stomachs.  Friday weather looked like possible cold rain but it would get near and then split around us.  Friday caught a nice smallmouth , 5 nice trout up to 22 inch and 20 perch almost all over 13" with 1 at 15". Sat was much the same except a kokanne was added to the bag. Great time- good lodging with the boat ramp less than 3 minutes away. only fished a 1/2 mile one way and a 1/2 mile the other way the entire time. We were catching fish and the waves were enough that we just didnt want to run any further. We fished the perch shad raps , worm and a jig and also strips of perch meat drifted, stayed in  eight foot to 13 ft depth , anything shallower or deeper did not produce.  Being the only guy trusted with a fillet knive the evenings were long for me and I was also the cook. The weather report was for cold wet weather that ended up being a little windy and a little chilly but the rain stayed away.  Maybe saw 4 boats on Sat. Did have a small run in with a local who thought parking in the middle of the boat ramp and cooking was the his right and I should go 25 minutes around to another boat ramp , but all in all a great time. I will post some pictures later.
That sounds like a great trip.
Wow, that sounds like a great trip and a lot of fun.... Where did you stay? I would have thought it would be a little busier this time of year, that sounds like a great time... Thanks for sharing the trip with us... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Sound like enough fun for all and maybe too much (cleaning) for you! Thanks for sharing.
(04-30-2024, 04:24 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Wow, that sounds like a great trip and a lot of fun.... Where did you stay?  I would have thought it would be a little busier this time of year, that sounds like a great time... Thanks for sharing the trip with us... Jeff
Jeff , we just rented an air b&b. $100 or so a night. It was nice , not large but everything you needed and was close to a boat ramp.
[Image: cacscade1.jpg]

[Image: cascade2.jpg]

[Image: cascade3.jpg]
Very cool deal, that is what we did as well for our winter trip... It was really nice to be right close to the lake, I'd do that again it was fun... Glad you had a great trip... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Wow! Those perch have a lot of dark bars in their marking. That second pic almost looks like an "artist's rendition" of a perch.
Sorry about the chucklehead on the ramp. $100 a night for a private place to sleep, poop and eat sounds well worth it for a fishing expedition; especially that close to the water!