Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek today
Wiperslayer and I got up to LC today. Water coming down the river below the dam was muddy, so we were concerned the lake might be muddy to but once we got to the dam, it was clear, so we went ahead and launched. We caught three different species right off the bat, a bow, a splake and a cutty and we were hoping for a forth, a koke but it never happened. We mainly caught bows most of the day and most of them were right on the surface, 8 feet or less.
Sorry to hear no kokes. How's the water level?
(05-14-2024, 07:51 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Sorry to hear no kokes. How's the water level?

Yea, we were very surprised that no kokes showed up. Water was with in two feet or so of being full. With that boat ramp being at an angle and the wedge dock being right on the ramp, it makes it a tight fit to launch a boat right now, unless it's a smaller boat.
Sounds fun Curt, I would have expected you to be fishing Willard now instead of LC... Is it still too slow at Willard to be worth your time? Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
has anyone heard anything about when the Improvements work will start at Lost Creek , just courius.
(05-15-2024, 05:30 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sounds fun Curt, I would have expected you to be fishing Willard now instead of LC... Is it still too slow at Willard to be worth your time? Later J

You know what they say, variety is the spice of life. We have been fishing Willard and only Willard for months, so it was time for a change, besides, we have plans to fish Willard tomorrow. Catching at Willard has continued to improve for weeks now, some are catching limits, we are catching, just no limits yet, at least for me.
(05-15-2024, 06:11 PM)AFDan52 Wrote: has anyone heard anything about when the Improvements work will start at Lost Creek , just courius.

What improvements are you talking about Dan?  I know last year they put in a campground to the East of the boat ramp and this year I noticed there was a bunch of picnic tables along the shore near the dam and in the back by the boat ramp. Last year they put in that wedge dock and a floating dock. No other changes that I could see.
(05-15-2024, 06:11 PM)AFDan52 Wrote: has anyone heard anything about when the Improvements work will start at Lost Creek , just courius.
I talked to the new park manager this winter, he said he is working on building a new entry station/office and a residence for the park manager. Water continues to be the biggest issue the water out of the ground is not potable and if they treat it they can not put it back into the creek. He said that he wants to open the gate and allow access to the upper reservoir, but needs equipment to repair and improve the roads.

I talked to the new park manager this winter, he said he is working on building a new entry station/office and a residence for the park manager. Water continues to be the biggest issue the water out of the ground is not potable and if they treat it they can not put it back into the creek. He said that he wants to open the gate and allow access to the upper reservoir, but needs equipment to repair and improve the roads.
 Curt , I  was hoping to hear something about a Boat Ramp Improvement . I thought I had heard something about that when the improvements were first talked about. Wishful thinking Maybe.
(05-16-2024, 09:02 PM)AFDan52 Wrote:  Curt , I  was hoping to hear something about a Boat Ramp Improvement . I thought I had heard something about that when the improvements were first talked about. Wishful thinking Maybe.

LOL, yea, no ramp improvement, this might fall into the same time frame as them putting a ramp in at Causey, it's on a dream list but who knows when or if it will ever happen. If they would just take out that wedge dock, that would make things a lot easier, at least when the lake is full, it's not as big a deal when the lake is lower but when it full, it's a pain the butt to launch.