Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Grind

[Image: IMG-2414.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2412.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2416.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2420.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2422.jpg]

I fished Willard today with several DWR guys in my boat, I was not to optimistic after the cold front this week, but we  grinded out a few today to take home. We  broke 2 off, threw back 3 small eyes and long line released several more. We got them on bottom bouncers going about 2 mph. I will be out there again tomorrow, I expect it will be similar tough fishing with it improving next week with warming temperatures.
Wow, that second perch has quite the hump in his back, looks like a football!
Looks like a good eats take home, way to go!
(05-24-2024, 01:32 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:

[Image: IMG-2422.jpg]I

I fished Willard today with several DWR guys in my boat, I was not to optimistic after the cold front this week, but we  grinded out a few today to take home. We  broke 2 off, threw back 3 small eyes and long line released several more. We got them on bottom bouncers going about 2 mph. I will be out there again tomorrow, I expect it will be similar tough fishing with it improving next week with warming temperatures.

What area  did you fish.
(05-24-2024, 02:06 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(05-24-2024, 01:32 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:

[Image: IMG-2422.jpg]I

What area  did you fish.
Light Pole down the West Walll several hundred yards off the rocks.

We got back out again today with Brookie, Elayo and Juma and had a little better day than yesterday. Caught most of them on the bottom bouncers and a couple on a #7 perch pattern Flicker Shad with a 2 ounce clip weight. The most productive worm harness was a perch pattern that Brookie made. We got them going 1.8-2mph in about 25’ of water.  I’m predicting that Willard will be peaking next week. 
[Image: IMG-2425.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2426.jpg]
Sounds like it's warming up nicely. Shawn, me and Dan and Scott are still in for next Friday.
Obifish indeed. Really nice. Lots of great fillets on all of those. I'm sure they were enjoyed. Very nice of you to host people on your boat.
Hope to get there next week and give it a try. I have some new toys to try.
[Image: IMG-1131.jpg]
Thanks Shawn for the great trip. It's always fun to get out with great guys. This was the rig I was using
(05-24-2024, 11:09 PM)fast_randy Wrote: Sounds like it's warming up nicely. Shawn, me and Dan and Scott are still in for next Friday.

I’m really looking forward to spending my birthday with you guys.