Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Marina Fillet Station
Well, the good news is that the fishing is picking up On Willard. The bad news is that reading is no longer fundamental but optional. The first few times I took the initiative to unclog Mr barracuda this year were successful. Today's effort however was a failure. I removed 2 catfish carcasses but couldn't get the third. Inexplicably, people tend to put fish carcasses in the chute tail first, so not only can't people read the large sign in black bold letters telling them to turn on the disposal before dropping in a fish, they apparently can't grasp the extremely simple and elegant physics that catfish spines fold only one direction. Head first. Just like Mr catfish swims through the water. 

On a lighter note, the fishing is indeed picking up for catfish and the walleye are tanking cranks finally. Today, for me it was firetiger# 5 and purple and chrome #5 (flicker shad) I boated 6, kept two and kept one nice cat. Cat was caught on leadcore with a 2 oz. trolling sinker right off the bottom at 2 mph. All the eyes this afternoon were going 3.0 to 3.2 mph. No takers going any slower. Things are warming up for sure. 

-Cheers, and toite lines.
Thanks for the report i almost had myself convinced to make the 2hrs drive but it sounds like i need to get up there real soon
(06-03-2024, 01:06 AM)Unclenaynay Wrote: Well, the good news is that the fishing is picking up On Willard. The bad news is that reading is no longer fundamental but optional. The first few times I took the initiative to unclog Mr barracuda this year were successful. Today's effort however was a failure. I removed 2 catfish carcasses but couldn't get the third. Inexplicably, people tend to put fish carcasses in the chute tail first, so not only can't people read the large sign in black bold letters telling them to turn on the disposal before dropping in a fish, they apparently can't grasp the extremely simple and elegant physics that catfish spines fold only one direction. Head first. Just like Mr catfish swims through the water. 

On a lighter note, the fishing is indeed picking up for catfish and the walleye are tanking cranks finally. Today, for me it was firetiger# 5 and purple and chrome #5 (flicker shad) I boated 6, kept two and kept one nice cat. Cat was caught on leadcore with a 2 oz. trolling sinker right off the bottom at 2 mph. All the eyes this afternoon were going 3.0 to 3.2 mph. No takers going any slower. Things are warming up for sure. 

Fish cleaning stations in Utah State Parks are a joke because of the complete idiots that use them.  The only fool proof method of using them would be to have a full-time attendant stationed at each one to make sure the idiots follow the instructions.  I now clean any and all fish out on the water and deposit the entrails in the lake.  And before anybody thinks you can't do that in Utah, please refer to the latest Guidebook.

From Page 21: Note: Do not dispose of entrails and carcasses on the bank. Leave them in the water where you caught the fish.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Bob is correct you can fillet fish other than trout/kokes at some waters and deposit entrails in the lake, you must be finished “fishing” and can not have filleted fish in possession while still angling. Lake Powell has some exceptions to that.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
(06-03-2024, 05:59 PM)dubob Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 01:06 AM)Unclenaynay Wrote: Well, the good news is that the fishing is picking up On Willard. The bad news is that reading is no longer fundamental but optional. The first few times I took the initiative to unclog Mr barracuda this year were successful. Today's effort however was a failure. I removed 2 catfish carcasses but couldn't get the third. Inexplicably, people tend to put fish carcasses in the chute tail first, so not only can't people read the large sign in black bold letters telling them to turn on the disposal before dropping in a fish, they apparently can't grasp the extremely simple and elegant physics that catfish spines fold only one direction. Head first. Just like Mr catfish swims through the water. 

Fish cleaning stations in Utah State Parks are a joke because of the complete idiots that use them.  The only fool proof method of using them would be to have a full-time attendant stationed at each one to make sure the idiots follow the instructions.  I now clean any and all fish out on the water and deposit the entrails in the lake.  And before anybody thinks you can't do that in Utah, please refer to the latest Guidebook.

From Page 21: Note: Do not dispose of entrails and carcasses on the bank. Leave them in the water where you caught the fish.
I agree with you Bob. It seems that people don't want to follow the rules and when you point it out they tell  you to mind your own business. Maybe the signs need to be as big as billboards.