Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick trip on way home
I had to get me a new rod because I dropped my other into Echo reservoir a couple of weeks ago in the float tube, and I wanted to give it a few casts to try it out. I stopped by Echo for an hour and a half. I tossed some jigs and plastics from the shore. I caught one 17 inch walleye, 3 smallmouth bass less than 10 inches in length, and one slimy thick rainbow. The new rod was nice and really sensitive. I fish when ever I see an opening to do so. Missed a few hits. Now my choice to float tube with my son on Saturday evening just got interesting. So it will be Deer Creek or Echo. I hate making choices like that. One of my buddies has been doing well jigging on Deer creek for them walleye.If you have never caught a walleye and that is on your list, the time is here. Be warned walleye addiction is a serious thing that I live with. 
Gabe
Way to break in a new stick.  Sorry about the lost one.  Been there done that a few times ovcr the years.  Always happens when I am thinking about maybe replacing a rod....  Hmmm?

Yeah, wallieitis can be a serious ailment.  Maybe we should start an AAW.  That's where you go fishing for walleye, get drunk and nobody knows who you are.

I dragged a 17" eye from the evil clutches of Willard today.