Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Walleye, Wiper and Catfish.
Another Grind today at Willard, I was hoping the warm weather would flip the switch and the fishing would be good, not so much. We got a few today most on bottom bouncers and several on Cranks going 1.8-2.1mph on the west side. I saw some bait balls today on the graph which means the “good” bite is coming to an end. I’m going to stick to Willard for another week then start targeting Kokanee then when I get back to Willard it will be Fligging for catfish.
[Image: IMG-2447.jpg]
(06-07-2024, 09:21 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Another Grind today at Willard, I was hoping the warm weather would flip the switch and the fishing would be good, not so much. We got a few today most on bottom bouncers and several on Cranks going 1.8-2.1mph on the west side. I saw some bait balls today on the graph which means the “good” bite is coming to an end. I’m going to stick to Willard for another week then start targeting Kokanee then when I get back to Willard it will be Fligging for catfish.
What was your best blade color on your worm harness . I saw a few small shad schools too.
(06-07-2024, 11:02 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 09:21 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Another Grind today at Willard, I was hoping the warm weather would flip the switch and the fishing would be good, not so much. We got a few today most on bottom bouncers and several on Cranks going 1.8-2.1mph on the west side. I saw some bait balls today on the graph which means the “good” bite is coming to an end. I’m going to stick to Willard for another week then start targeting Kokanee then when I get back to Willard it will be Fligging for catfish.
What was your best blade color on your worm harness . I saw a few small shad schools too.

Fire Tiger
What was the water temps? We too thought the warmer temps would get them going but so far it hasn't been great, hopefully that will change soon. We have been marking good numbers of fish in certain spots but they just haven't been biting, all that well so far.
(06-07-2024, 11:40 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: What was the water temps? We too thought the warmer temps would get them going but so far it hasn't been great, hopefully that will change soon. We have been marking good numbers of fish in certain spots but they just haven't been biting, all that well so far.
I didn’t pay attention to water temps today, the bait balls are a better indicator I think it will be over in a week or two, could be wrong.

(06-07-2024, 11:50 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 11:40 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: What was the water temps? We too thought the warmer temps would get them going but so far it hasn't been great, hopefully that will change soon. We have been marking good numbers of fish in certain spots but they just haven't been biting, all that well so far.
I didn’t pay attention to water temps today, the bait balls are a better indicator I think it will be over in a week or two, could be wrong.

I’ll be out there tomorrow trying to stock the freezer.