Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Berry good time
Last Friday my wife and I hit Strawberry (my first time in a long while). Stayed in Heber and drove over in the early a.m. and had no idea where to try. So we just winged it and fished close to the Ladders and we couldn't have picked a better spot. What resulted was one of the better catching days of my fifty six trips around the sun. Keeping count with the help of my wife, we stopped at 56 total fish as it seemed appropriate. I averaged one trout every 3 casts as the bows couldn't resist a gold Panther Martin spinner. It was truly amazing. I got bored with that and tried a gold Jakes which worked just as well. Totalled 54 bows between 8"-13", 1, nice healthy 16" Cutt, and believe it or not 1 pesky Chub that couldn't resist the Jakes neither. 

We drove around the lake hitting other spots but it was starting to get too hot in the day and didn't get into any more. Left the lake at 2:00 in the afternoon deeming it a successful trip. I only wish I could get down there more often. Backside of Timp looked incredible!
A man needs to believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing! 
I need to fish meps more often. My father inlaw uses them all the time. Sounds like a great trip
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Were you fishing from the bank? I have Monday scheduled with 4 grandkids for fishing. Was thinking about the Berry, but wind forecasts are 8-25 mph out of the SE, so boating is out of the question for my small boat.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(06-14-2024, 08:37 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Were you fishing from the bank? I have Monday scheduled with 4 grandkids for fishing. Was thinking about the Berry, but wind forecasts are 8-25 mph out of the SE, so boating is out of the question for my small boat.

Yes, I was just on the bank near the Ladders. Drive until you find an open area and give it a try.
A man needs to believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing!