Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent Windy Willard Monday
Got out this morning with John, Craig and Verdine with decent results. Started off the west wall working to the light pole at 6:30 am in building wind until 10:00 am then moved to the outlet to get out of the north wind then fished back west  along the North wall back to the light pole when the wind blew up again at 1:30. Caught the majority on bottom bouncers going 1.8-2.1 and 3 cats and 1 walleye in cranks on plainer boards. Most of the fish within a mile of the lite pole. Fire Tiger was the best color but got them on white and blue as well. Fun day with, great guys.
[Image: IMG-2460.jpg]
Nice! Kinda funny, the other day I hooked and long line released a good 'eye near the light pole but didn't land any anywhere near it.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
(06-17-2024, 09:33 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Got out this morning with John, Craig and Verdine with decent results. Started off the west wall working to the light pole at 6:30 am in building wind until 10:00 am then moved to the outlet to get out of the north wind then fished back west  along the North wall back to the light pole when the wind blew up again at 1:30. Caught the majority on bottom bouncers going 1.8-2.1 and 3 cats and 1 walleye in cranks on plainer boards. Most of the fish within a mile of the lite pole. Fire Tiger was the best color but got them on white and blue as well. Fun day with, great guys.
You guys that fished with me today, how many times did we tangle, turn, turn turn.
Sounds like a great trip all around. Glad you guys could have some fun. Sometimes I wish Willard was a little closer, but only sometimes.
(06-17-2024, 10:08 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 09:33 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Got out this morning with John, Craig and Verdine with decent results. Started off the west wall working to the light pole at 6:30 am in building wind until 10:00 am then moved to the outlet to get out of the north wind then fished back west  along the North wall back to the light pole when the wind blew up again at 1:30. Caught the majority on bottom bouncers going 1.8-2.1 and 3 cats and 1 walleye in cranks on plainer boards. Most of the fish within a mile of the lite pole. Fire Tiger was the best color but got them on white and blue as well. Fun day with, great guys.
You guys that fished with me today, how many times did we tangle, turn, turn turn.

Glad you mentioned that as it reminded me about turning.  The other day I spent most of the day turning.  Right, left, right, right, left, left, etc,  Then, after deciding to just relax, I put it on autopilot heading straight for the north marina.  I caught four of my six fish doing that, the last one within 1/4-1/2 mile of the bouys.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Oh we had a few tangles, but mostly caused by a frisky fish that didn't read the proper edicate of fish behavior.   After a little time we were back out in the water.
It's very helpful running six different setups to find what they wanted. Crank baits were good but nothing specific shined. Fire tiger flicker shad were good. 
Fire tiger spider and worm was best.
Thanks John and Shawn 
[Image: 20240617-140146.jpg]
(06-17-2024, 11:42 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
Oh we had a few tangles, but mostly caused by a frisky fish that didn't read the proper edicate of fish behavior.   After a little time we were back out in the water.
It's very helpful running six different setups to find what they wanted. Crank baits were good but nothing specific shined. Fire tiger flicker shad were good. 
Fire tiger spider and worm was best.
Thanks John and Shawn 
[Image: 20240617-140146.jpg]
It was a great trip. That first cat tangled us a bit, and the wind had us drifting sideways at the end so you can't completely avoid tangles, but Shawn kept us on the fish. Shawn, thanks again for the invite.