Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spool Damage At Store
Sad 
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I have a mint Team Daiwa S2000CU spinning reel from 2004.  For the first time I took it to the fishing store to get line spooled on it instead of doing it myself.  That was a mistake.  It came off the machine’s arbor and spun on the floor damaging the beautiful titanium nitrided lip by putting a few nicks in it.  The attendant said we will buy you a new one.  Doubtful because it’s unavailable and I’ve called coast to coast including Canada and Daiwa USA.  Can’t find one so I doubt the store will.  If any of you guys have one I’d be glad to buy it as long as its in mint condition.  My other thought was to have the shop let me buy a reel of my choice at their cost less $60 because that’s what the replacement cost of that spool is if I could find one.  What would you guys do?[/font]
Well the shop went for my plan. I ordered a new Daiwa Tatula MLQ 2000 at their cost minus $60. I think I did well. I was trying out the Stradic FM but it was heavy and the spool wobbled slightly at high speed. And yes the drag disc was tightened. I did not like that slight wobble. The Daiwa just felt like a better build with no wobble and no play in the handle.
Maybe that Stradic was a demo model and had also been dropped?
My Stradic is as smooth as the curves of a Playboy Playmate of the month.
(07-25-2024, 10:13 PM)MrShane Wrote: Maybe that Stradic was a demo model and had also been dropped?
My Stradic is as smooth as the curves of a Playboy Playmate of the month.
I just bought 2 Stradic C3000XG FM's.  Both are as smooth as a babies behind - NO wobble that I can feel what-so-ever.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."