Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 8/25
The wind finally quit blowing so I decided to head to hyrum and try for some large mouths on a frog. The lake was a little lower than I expected but still some pads in the water. Water temp was 70 when we left at 11:30. We had five or six takers but couldn't get them out of the weeds. He'd one big one break my braid. Sure it was a weak spot in my line should have checked it better before starting. Ended the day throwing cranks and got one little one the surfers showed up and we got out of there.
Good to hear a report from Hyrum.been pretty quiet that way. See any sign that the perch are doing well?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I didn't pay enough attention to my graphs we fished shallow all morning
I seen a bunch of fishing boats in the south east corner the other day, don't know if that was you but looked like the most fishing boats I'd seen there in a while... Nice to see some of them verses all the power squadron... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Have a year for the perch. Most 6 inch probably 5. Gills doing fine. Way too many bass, Schools of hundreds 3 inch long.  some really nice bass but the diversity is way out of wack.
Caught a few perch today that went a good 7 inch. it was another day of good gills and some 14 inch trout.
How big were the gills
as nice as Mantuas though you do catch some small ones also.