Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
Im a little slow on this, but better late than never, right?    My wife and I played hookie from work on Friday to try for some last minute Kokes at Jordanelle. We were hoping to beat the Labor day madness and it actually worked out pretty well.  We arrived by 9 am and left about 3pm.  The ramp was not bad when we left, but we knew it was going to be busy the rest of the weekend.   The fishing was slowish but steady enough to keep it fun.   No kokes were found, but we managed some really  nice bows, with the biggest being 17".    We also experienced a new phenomenon for us,  we caught about 10 smallies on trolling gear, all between 6-8" in open water out in the rock cliff arm over 50-60' of water.  At one point I had a school of the little buggers chasing my hoochie at the surface, almost like a boil.  Never saw that before.  The ride back down provo canyon was a long wait near the Charleston turnoff, everyone was headed to the Swiss Cheese days in Midway.  About an hour delay from both directions.  

[Image: fish-2.jpg]

[Image: fish-1.jpg]

[Image: fish-3.jpg]
(09-04-2024, 04:56 PM)chubby chaser Wrote: Im a little slow on this, but better late than never, right?    My wife and I played hookie from work on Friday to try for some last minute Kokes at Jordanelle. We were hoping to beat the Labor day madness and it actually worked out pretty well.  We arrived by 9 am and left about 3pm.  The ramp was not bad when we left, but we knew it was going to be busy the rest of the weekend.   The fishing was slowish but steady enough to keep it fun.   No kokes were found, but we managed some really  nice bows, with the biggest being 17".    We also experienced a new phenomenon for us,  we caught about 10 smallies on trolling gear, all between 6-8" in open water out in the rock cliff arm over 50-60' of water.  At one point I had a school of the little buggers chasing my hoochie at the surface, almost like a boil.  Never saw that before.  The ride back down provo canyon was a long wait near the Charleston turnoff, everyone was headed to the Swiss Cheese days in Midway.  About an hour delay from both directions.  

Thanks for the report and pics, Jordanelle always seems to have some good bows in it, too bad the kokes did not want to play. We were there several weeks ago with the same results, we even caught a sm bass as well but only the one, sounds like they are really getting active. I was hoping to make one more trip up there next week before the koke season closes but it might not be worth it  Undecided , if the kokes aren't biting.

jordanelle
Those 16-17” bows are great eating. Had teriyaki grilled bow last night and it was phenomenal. Didn’t have any trout taste whatsoever. I attribute that to the marinade though. Congrats on a fun day away from work!
(09-04-2024, 11:00 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Those 16-17” bows are great eating.  Had teriyaki grilled bow last night and it was phenomenal.  Didn’t have any trout taste whatsoever.  I attribute that to the marinade though.  Congrats on a fun day away from work!

thanks!  that sounds delicious, Ill have to give that a try on my next trip!