Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flatrock news flash
They will be closing the park to fishing at the foot dam to Telegraph Rd. at the end of walleye season this year. this is due to the walleye poaching that goes on there . this closure limits steelhead fishing at it's prime peek .

my opinion , this is bull ! i can't see closing the river off when us law abiding guys aren't doing anything wrong , furthermore , we report these poachers to the flatrock police and the dnr , they just let the guys go ! do they also intend to close the river off during the bass migration as well ? face it , the closure has nothing to do with the spawning cycles of the walleye , bass or any other fish species . the closure is due to the almightey doller . one d.n.r. co. can ticket more boaters in the trenton channel and produce revinew monies for "boat saftey issues" than an officer can trying to catch the walleye poachers on the huron . they want as many men as possible ticikiting the boaters .

anyways , that's my .02 cents worth on the closure . i've been on the trenton channel and been checked out no less than five times in a single hour . never got a ticket for anything , i just looked suspicious acording to them . now how does jigging look suspicious ?

The steelhead are starting to come up the river into Flatrock. Low numbers of them but are mixed with some large walleye. both are taking the fly but alot of foul hooks as well.Best to fish at night they are more active late in the evening . try stoneflys , wolly buggers , and spawn .
[signature]
sounds like to me that the comercial fisherman have bought off our governer once again.

pass the infor on to the local news and have anglers watch for comercial activity. I bet dollars to a donut that you will find comercial netting going on. and when you do so make sure you make noise about it, as much as you posibly can call and email every tv radio news station and any news papers who will listen across the state of michigan with the information they too would like to know and report it. all it takes is one to start then all the other media will follow suit.

sounds like an excilent oppertunity to harvest salmon and eyes as they come up and down the river in the bay. and if there are no anglers there to tap in to the proffits of the comercial anglers they can have bumper crops.

this is not good for the local aconnomy. smells like corperate all the way. sounds like insider trading to me, buy stock in comercial fishing from your area. drop every dime you can spare in to those companies the sell them like hot cakes when they hit a 30 point gain. it may go higher, let it, grab your cash and go.... dont be a martha and wait for the last day [pirate]

It makes me wonder how many government people had stock and lost on the same deal martha did, I bet none... thay all bailed a week or two before they made it public that they were not going to make a contract with them.....[mad]
[signature]