Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake State Park float tube report 3/6/04
Took my little brother out for his first float tube outing ever on Sat. We had fun even though it rained on us part of the time and it was a little cold.

I had one hit in the river right under the walking bridge -- it was in the middle of the water column not on the bottom so I suspect it could be a brown trout.

We fished from about 8:30 am to 10:30am, with nothing. I don't think the eyes are up in there just quite yet. After this week of warmer temps they may be up in there.

Emuscud was there fishing off the bank it was good to meet him. We saw a light gray colored mink (I think it was a mink it looked like a ferret) that was running around on the south bank around trees and into a stick pile that looked like a beaver house maybe it was his house.

Anyway the fishing was good just not the catching. I tried some of tubedude's roadrunner baitubugs tipped with nightcrawler, as well as some chartreuse plastic jigs. Even tried drifting a worm below a bobber down the current but no luck. The one hit I had was a a silver roadrunner/baitbug reeling it slowly downstream with the current.
[signature]
Sorry to hear the fishing was not so great. Thanks for the report anyway. So is all the ice gone. I was going to take my Kayak out on it's maiden trip this weekend is the ice is gone.

[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
im sure it is gone enough to take the yak out. if you hit a spot of thin ice just go through it, if you find some thicker ice, fish on the edges of it and catch whats hiding just beneath it.
[signature]
This weekend will probably be great. With the entire week being in the 50s, a lot more ice should melt, and the walleye should start getting a little more active. Hopefully you get a chance to get out and enjoy the warm weather. How warm it is outside today it's such a nice nice I can't stand it that I'm stuck in school and at work. I'll just dream about my nice fishing trip now....
[signature]
Cat_man,

Didn't realize that was you. My daughter and I were the ones at the bridge from the state park side. Didn't get a bite at the boat docks either. The crappie bite was great about two weeks ago. Brought home 20+ good-sized ones, had tons of bites. See you around.

kastmaster
[signature]
Didn't the river close last week?

walleyebob
[signature]
closed from center street bridge (entrance to the state park) to i15 march 1 to may 1.
[signature]
Hey kastmaster didn't know that was you either....nice to meet you! Emuscud was the guy on the other side of the river fishing off the bank.
[signature]
hey walleyebob we were fishing downstream from the Center State bridge. That section is open and supposedly considered part of the lake I guess. A DWR officer did check our licenses though.
[signature]
I was down stream a bit when you all were on that bridge. I came back up and was fishing right below the bridge as you were walking upstream with your daughter.

I donated a few jigs to that section of river Saturday. I'm going to try to sneak back out this weekend. I was going to go to the outdoors show, but I have some yard work to get done (my choice) and some fishing in (also my choice[Wink]).

The DWR officer said he saw someone with a 3# channel that morning. I think he said someone caught it in the marina.
[signature]
Sorry I missed you there at the bridge. After getting soaked at the boat docks and with no bites for 1 1/2 hours, I was ready to go home, which was unusual for me. My daughter wanted to stick around much longer but I was able to convince her to head home. I am going to try and hit Lindon boat harbor Thursday after work (around 5 pm) and check out the largemouth bite. I haven't been to the Lindon Boat Harbor in months so I don't know what the conditions are but I'll find out Thursday.

kastmaster
[signature]
Give us a report! I hear Lindon BH may be raising its entrance fees this year. I'm kinda bummed about it, BUT I'd rather give them a few bucks rather than the state park.

Good luck!
[signature]