Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHURCH OR FISHING?? FREINDLY...POLL.
I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY OF US ARE "BAD". WHO GOES TO CHURCH, WHO GOES FISHING, OR WHO GOES CHURCH THEN FISHING OR VISE VERSA??? THIS IS IN NO WAY LIMITED TO ONE RELIGION...I JUST WAS WONDERING WHO THOUGHT LIKE ME.....ITS BETTER TO GO FISHING AND THINK OF GOD, THAN TO GOTO CHURCH AND THINK OF FISHING. DONT GET ME WRONG, I GO TO CHURCH....SOMETIMES...I USUALLY DO HONEY DOOS BUT I GO FISHING TOO....AND I ALWAYS WISH I WAS FISHING.
[signature]
I go to church....although on some special occasions like Labor Day weekend my inlaws are up at Strawberry and I'm up there with them. No matter where I am any day of the week I'm thinking about fishing, while I'm fishing, while I'm eating, while I'm sleeping, while I'm working, school, etc. etc. you get the idea.
[signature]
I usaly go to church but from time to time go fishing, now that I work sundays fishing is out and church is in. but there is always vacation so I can go fishing.
[signature]
fishing is my religion!! and i have no other!!!

from the fuzzyfisher--------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
As Forest Gump once said,, "We fish a lot"..

I go fishing BUT thank God for the other little critter's such as fish so I can enjoy em........ I figure if God created the great outdoor's I'm doing him proud by enjoying it as much and as often as possibly.. I think he knows my mind and body are in the right place,, his..
[signature]
My weeks are usually very busy with the grandkids so on Sunday if I can get out I do. Usually take the grandkids with me anyway.Sometimes being in the great outdoors is being closer to god, to me. Just my opinion.I do not condemn any one else for what they do.
[signature]
I can fish 6 days outta the week, I can give one day for the Lord.

You'll find me at church on Sunday.

I do agree, I feel close to the big guy out fishing, or just outdoors for that matter!
[signature]
I can usually find enough time to fish other days to keep me happy. You'll find me at church and with family on Sundays. Besides, I like to think that being in church on Sunday will increase my chances of getting that bigger fish to bite on Monday. :-)
[signature]
I agree and coldnt say it any better. [cool]
[signature]
Left church early this last Sunday to go fish and couldn't buy a bite.

I'll see if staying for full services helps next time.
My church has a variety of service schedules. That makes it easy for me to catch the morning bite, go to church, and get back out for the afternoon bite. Keep in mind that there is only softwater here in So Cali.[cool]
[signature]
The best way to say thanks for the fishing is by giving a little back at least one day a week. Besides, I don't have time for much else but church on sunday and that's fine with me. Church is also good for meeting new fishing buddies and you can always talk fishing in between (or during) meetings. Then there's the story my friend (from church) told me about going to Alaska as a graduation present with his dad. When they got there on a Sunday his dad made him go to church despite his protests and they ended up meeting a guy who was a fishing guide and took them out fishing the next day and showed them the best spots and techniques for free.

FM
[signature]
Fishing.
[signature]
I go to church alright, just give those fishies have their day off as well..[angelic]
[signature]
God is with you everywhere and anywhere you may be. I never felt the need to go to church and it always upset me when church goers look down there nose at people who do not choose to do so. Not saying that is happening here but I know it does happen[unsure]

Regardless of what religion you believe in, if you believe you believe. I pray at home, on the road and when I am fishing. Usally something like,
" Please god let me catch someting! "[Wink]

Seriously though, I am a christian who does not feel the need to go to a church to praise my god. I praise him on land, sea and air. When I fish alone I actually feel closer to him too.[sly]
[signature]
releaseit-

I like that.... "[size 1]Regardless of what religion you believe in, if you believe you believe."[/size]

Personally, I believe that I'm supposed to be in church instead of fishing. If I believe that and don't act on it, then I don't think that I have much personal integrity. So you're right, we should all "believe what we believe" and the world can only be that much of a better place because of it.
[signature]
Anything BUT church. I personally have no use for organized religion. Fortunately we're all free to be spiritual when, where, and how we want to. Be it fishing or church, do whatever your heart is comfortable with.
[signature]
Amen[Wink]
[signature]
I have to agree with coldfooters logic, allthough i dont fish all that often, given the choice betewwn church and fishing i will take fishing most every time
[signature]
well at least you people have a choice with the hours i work on weekends i can't do either
[signature]