Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake
What is the best part of Utah Lake to fish for Cats? I'm fairly new to the area and have saw lots of messages where board members have had success at Utah Lake & Lincoln Beach and i would like to get in on the action also.

Thanks!!
[signature]
As far as Ut Lake and its cats,, its the same old story,, "the fish are where you find them" but their along all areas of the lake. I like to fish for them were there's firmer bottom and avoid the real mucky area's.. Most folks do probably fish from the dike's at either American Fork, Provo, Lindon, or Lincon beach boat harbor's.... Good Luck
[signature]
The pump house by Lehi is generaly a good spot.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Coldfooter and Fishnpro. By chance, do you know what exit you take to get to the pump house?
[signature]
Im not sure what exit number it is but its the one by the Lehi roller mill. go through town to redwood road (smiths on the corner)turn so. then go to the next street on the left(its probably 3 miles)go to the end of that road turn back north the pump house will be on your right.
[signature]
That's the Main Street Lehi exit. Then head West
[signature]
Years ago I use to go to American fork boat harbor in early spring. I went to the point on the opposite side of the light pole (The lake side). Believe or not I would hang a worm about a foot below a bobber and set it down just off from the rocks. If the cats are spawning keep a good grip on your pole. I caught most of my cats this way at about 5:00 A.M.
[signature]
I like to fish the whole west side bank from my canoe... from saratoga, to goshen bay. no one else fishes it and it has a cobble stone bottom which the cats seem to prefer. as well as the toothy critters (eyes) i just drift with either carp meat, baby carp, or shrimp, i use no weight and i just drag it across the botttom. but the biggest ones allways come from either bird island during may and june or from linocoln beach.

JOe
[signature]
Any of the harbors are a good bet, but you'll mostly catch bullheads. I like the pumps for channels cats.
[signature]
I prefer to fish for cats on Lincoln beach, or on the west side of the lake. On the west side, we used to camp out and nail the channels with carp/shrimp combos. At lincoln, which we've began fishing more recently, we've gotten larger fish, but less. About 1/2 oz. sliding sinker WAY out in the lake with carp and shrimp on. You usually nail big cats, and walleye's that way.
[signature]
I used to fish the Provo harbor the same way. Just a worm on a treble under a bobber. Just set the pole down to the water in the rocks (no casting) and watch that bubble dance. I loved asking people that were cast clear out in the water if they would mind if I dropped in near them and then watch the look on thier faces as I caught cat after cat after cat while thier line just sat out there as far as they caould cast.
[signature]
about 3 years ago i caught a 32 1/2 in. 13-14 pound chanel cat out of af harbor...
[signature]
All of this talk about catfishing is getting me excited to get after them again. I really enjoy fishing for them from my boat at a hot spot I have on the west side of Utah Lake. I'm hoping that the water comes up enough that it will be fishable again this year. Channels can really make that drag sing.
[signature]
exit 282 go west to 9550 W. turn left stay on this road it will curve right then left you will see a parking lot on the right pull in and look south you will see the pumphouse
[signature]