Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Plastic Bass Baits
Last year I got tired of buying Senkos for 4 & 6 dollars for ten. So I started making my own, I salt impregnate them and can make the colors I prefer. They seem to work just as well as senkos, but are less dense so they fall slower. Does anyone else make plastic bass baits on this board.
[signature]
I don't, but like you I am really stating to consider it. How much up front did u spend to get a kit or stuff. Thanks!
[signature]
No, but I sure would like to know how. Please either post or P.M. me the info on how to make plastics and what I might need. I have been wanting to make my own tubes and minnow patterns but haven't a clue where to begin.
[signature]
It cost me about seventy dollars, in plastic, molds, glitter, and a stove to cook the plastic on. Right now I can make a grip of Gun & Martins (senkos imitations) in an hour. I'm thinking of selling them for about two dollars for ten. If anybody would like a sample, PM me.
[signature]
I don't make plastics yet....

My son and I like to "jig fish" lakes and streams for trout. Yellowstone is a favorite place of ours. Problem Yellowstone is non toxic so no lead. We bought jig molds and make non toxic jig heads. We have had a blast making them together and with them last fall we had 2 of the most productive trips ever!!!

jrs4x4[Wink]
I would be interested in trying some of those. What colors do you do the best on? I have been thinking about getting into making my own plastics, but am just barely getting into making jigs so I may have to space it out,

Jed Burton
[signature]
Where did did you get your stuff?I have been thinking about makeing some,saw some stuff in Jannsnetcraft.
Thanks
[signature]
I do best with a clear plastic senko and add glitter for color. If green is hitting, I do clear plastic with green glitter etc. I make a clear plastic with orange and green glitter that kills the smallmouths at jordanelle, it looks just like baby perch. My cousin who helps me out with making jigs is out of town so I can't make a bunch for about a week. I'll make smoke with rainbow glitter and a clear with green glitter. all that have PM me I'll get back to you in about week. I'll see how much it will cost to send a sample, and if it's to much maybe we can all meet somewhere and do some fishing and I can give you some.
[signature]
I DONT MAKE PLASTICS, BUT I HAVE A SMALL TIP I RECENTLY LEARNED THAT I MAY UTILIZE THIS SUMMER.....YOU TAKE THOSE WORMS OF THE PLASTIC NATURE, AND THE LEFT OVER PANFISH GRUBS, YOU KNOW THE TINY ONES, AND YOU MELT OR SUPER GLUE THE GRUBS TO THE BODIES OF THE WORMS TO MAKE YOUR OWN CUSTOM LIZARDS AND SKINN-A-MAH-RINKS YOU CAN EXPERIMENT AND GET ALL KINDS OF WILD ACTION LURES THAT ARE NOT IN PRODUCTION.....MAY JUST BE THAT NEW LOOK THE FISH HIT THE HELL OUT OF. CAROLINA OR TEXAS RIGG EM YOU CAN EVEN SLIP BOBBER EM AND STICK SOME REAL PIGS THIS YEAR.

LATERS,
[signature]