Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report 3/11/2004
Fished Rockport this morning . Perch are deep . 65 ft of water . Only caught 1 10" perch and the rest were 6 to 8 " . Tried for the trout but no hook ups . They were biting but very good at hit and run . Going to need a board to get out on the ice or some high boots . Edges are open or soft but ice is good and 16" thick in the middle . had my limit pretty quick as usual . It took 3 holes this time to find them off Kent Point . Eagles were out playing on the ice today . I left them a small perch on the ice to get .
[signature]
Where you off the damn or over by the boat ramp? I drove by there on my lunch hour to check the ice. Didn't see many fish on the ice from the road. I noticed that someone has put a palet by the damn to walk on. Is that still a viable plank?
[signature]
I was fishing off the first point (Kent Point) after the dam . I also bagged up my fish so you wouldn't of seen them . I left about 1:00 pm .I did notice people looking from the road today . There was 3 other guys there I was fishing close to . They were not so lucky on the catching but had a few . Not sure about the pallet but I only got a little wet leaving from the edges being soft .
[signature]