Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake
I fished utah lake today... I started at lincoln beach, i fished there for about 2hrs with one bite.. so i moved to the state park marina... what is up with the hundreds of dead carp blanketing the southern shore line in the marina?? any who... i fished little yellow curlytails under a bobber fishing was pretty good for smaller white bass with the occassonal 11 incher. i also caught 3 crappie. 2 were 8inches and the other was 13.. i also caught a 3 lb carp.....

i also caught a nice sun burn...

JOe
[signature]
that is the area were the commerical carp fishermen unload there boat i would not want to put the blame on them but with the numbers you are talking it seems like they may have dumped a load on the beach
[signature]
good report Utcat. was the north dike still closed. did you fish the marina or the south dike. any sign of walleye yet? 13" crappie is a pretty good fish. I was thinking about hitting it this morning but wound up flyfishing the lower provo. thanks!
[signature]
I was also there Saturday from 1:30-2:30, fished the private boat docks. I didn't get any bites but managed to snag a 3 lb. carp on my ultralight gear, which felt like a 6 lb.'er. I also noticed all the dead carp along the shoreline, not a pretty sight. I later hit Lindon Boat Harbor, 5:40 till sundown, also with no bites.

kastmaster
[signature]
I fished the the state park today also from about 9:00 am till 12:00 pm not a bite, saw 1 small crappie caught. We started on the south shore out by the light pole and worked are way to the north side of the marina until one of the kids fell into the ice water on the northside cutting the trip short.
[signature]
Hey Kastmaster

Are you going to the big spring carp fling? I'm going to try and make it down there. maybe see ya there. Maybe you can show me how to fish utah lake?[Wink]

Take care

Bigpapafish
[signature]
hey kastmaster i was fishing the private docks too.. were u the one that opened the door for us? if not then we must have just missed u.... we the 3 teenagers fishing the south side of the marina...

JOe
[signature]
[Wink]I also went to Lincoln Beach on Saturday morning, fished for about an hour only got one hit, saw a guy reel in a 2 lb Largemouth, so we went up to the Provo river and looked at Deer Creek, looked cold for the guys out in their tubes.. caught a few brown in the porvo but nothing worth talking about.. but just getting out in the sun was worht it all...
[signature]
Thanks for the report UCM, sounds like the fish are starting to move into the shallows, I wonder what time the crappie and white bass will spawn this year. When you were at Lincoln beach, did you fish at the warm water springs? WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the report!

I fished the south side of the Provo river around the footbridge at the State Park between 2-3. I donated a few jigs, but didn't see anyfish in the water and didn't get a bite either. It was a gorgeous day to be out though.
[signature]
Yep, that was me. Good to meet more BFT'ers out there. Maybe I'll see you around again. Late March/early April is when the crappie bite usually begins at the marina.

kastmaster
[signature]
Bigpapafish,

Looks like April 10 is open for me so I am making plans on being at Lindon Boat Harbor in the morning. I'll see you there. Maybe we can catch us a largemouth or two.

kastmaster

P.S. How's the baby doing?
[signature]
just got back from lincoln beach, wow !!!! catfish paradise, landed 5 bigest was 12 pounds, smallest 2 1/2. had two break the line, lost 10 more, used perch cut in half the long way, no weight, just a hook line and bait, what a great day for cat fish.the bite is on !!!
[signature]
Hey thanks for the report sawdustbob! Glad to hear the bite is turning on. With the water warming up every day, it should get hot and stay hot for awhile.
[signature]
hey Kastmaster, the crapppie started to bite right after u left! all we did different was tip our little jigs with some white bass meat and whammo! right next to the dock. I am the younger looking kid. i look like I am 15 but I am 18. I was the one asking about the crappie thru the ice...

NIce to meet u Kastmaster.

JOe
[signature]
Were you at the public boat docks on the north side of the marina or did you go back to the private boat docks.

Tight lines,
kastmaster
[signature]
the private docks is where we caught most of the crappie. but the bigg crappie was caught at the big dock on the east side right next to the boat ramp.

JOe
[signature]
Just alittle Confused Smile Where the crappie caught at lincoln or at the Utah state park marina?
[signature]
state park no docks at lincoln
[signature]
Kastmaster

Ya a big ole bucketmouth would be good. I'm not sure if I'll have the day off or not but I'm going to try. hope to see you there. Also would like to meet more BFTer's. Its nice to put a face to the posts...

The baby is doing great. Big fat and happy...[Smile] Thanks for asking.

Bigpapapfish
[signature]