Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 3/13
Me, my neighbor (Putteringalong), and my cousin went to Strawberry on Saturday. It was a BEAUTIFUL day up there. There was a lot more traffic than I expected. We walked all the way across the lake, to Haws Point. Fished in a few spots around there from 8:30 to 2:00. Had a real slow period between Noon and 1:00. The group ended up with 22 fish. We had one that measured 21 inches and FAT. All were cuts, and 6-7 were over 18 inches. It wasn't the fastest day ever, but it wasn't bad either.

I was a little alarmed when we walked all the way over there, then these 3 sleds packing boy scouts stopped right in front of us about 30 feet away. My thinking is "you have sleds, you can go anywhere, why stop right next to people?". I guess I could have "vented" on these folks, but it is public water, and they can do whatever it is they want, even if it is a little rude. So, we walked clear over there to fish in a group. I think that if you are taking a bunch of scouts out, you should be teaching them respect for the land, water, animals, and the other sportsmen sharing the water with you. I don't think that the scout master set a very good example. When he came over and introduced himself, I did take the liberty to point out all the good spots that I didn't want to walk to on the lake, but I guess he didn't mind fishing the spot he set his mind on, even though there were already people sitting right on top of it!!!! Sorry, almost ranted there.

Anyway, besides that, it was a great day. On the way back, the slush got real deep in the middle of the lake (about 8-10 inches deep. Saw one open water spot out there in the middle of the slush about 2-3 feet in diameter. Won't be long and we'll all be fishing soft water again. We had to put on snow shoes to stay on top of the slush. Take care.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
Thanks for the report . I still want to hit that water one more time before all the ice is gone .
[signature]
Went to Strawberry too on Saturday and arrived at 3pm. Fished until 6pm and caught 14. Can't wait for next year for all the fish that are being released by the law abiding citizens to grow up. I've caught over 150 fish out of Strawberry this winter and the biggest one has been right at 22 inches. If the fish grow over the summer next year should be great.
[signature]
I was their monday real early over in Jakes Bay started fishin in 18' nothin, then went out to 20' nothin finally at 25' I started seeing fish on the flasher and caught only 5! all cuts the biggest being 20" the rest 16"-18". Really a slow day all around, started walking back aroung 2p.m and once I got close to the shore lots of slush but lucky I had my snow shoes but my poor dog sure wasn't a happy doggie!!!!
[signature]