Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard question
Does anyone know if the water level is comming up at Willard? I read a post a while back that sounded optimistic, but I havent heard anything since.
[signature]
Good news for you: the water is rising and the Wipers are hitting. Have not been hearing about the Walleye yet or Crappie
[signature]
Have you heard any info on the south marina? Is it open? What sort of wiper success have you heard about?
[signature]
That is good news, thanks for the info HFT. I would sure hate to loose those wipers, they're some of the best rod benders we have in this state.
[signature]
I think the water level will need to come up 5ft or more before the south marina could be used. When I was by there a few weeks ago the gate was still closed on that end. Now that things are warming up I think the ice will be gone very soon and I'll be able to give you a better report by next week, maybe sooner. WH2
[signature]
Thanks wiperhunter2. I'll be out there this weekend in my pontoon, and I was just ttrying to have a plan as far as where to launch. Maybe I could float down the channel.
[signature]
For you early season boaters, be aware ice sheets are heavy and powerful.

If the wind comes up and starts moving those ice sheets, you have to hope your boat doesnt get caught between two of the sheets, or that you dont get pinned up against the bank by one of them.

They are so powerful, they will crush your boat like a tin can. They create so much pressure, four inch thick ice snaps and piles up aginst the bank. They will crush your boat into oblivion.

If those ice sheets start moving, you better get out of the way.

Plus you have to be aware. I have been on willard and gone between two ice sheets but later in the day when I tried to come back through, the sheets pushed together, and my way out was blocked. Luckily I have been able to make a long trip around and never have been trapped over night out there.

But its stuff you have to be worried about and aware of when out at this time of year.
[signature]
Undoubtedly, that is why they do not allow boats on the water at Fish Lake until all of the ice is melted. If it will crush a boat, imagine what it would do to a fisherman that happens to be in the boat.
[signature]
Mateo my first report from there was a float tuber! White was his color.
[signature]
Thanks HFT.
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]Yeah ask walleyebob about floating ice, he got stuck between a rock and a hard place about a week ago.[/size][/#800080]
[signature]