Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry report!!!!!
got to the lake and was fishin by 7:20. i caught three right off the bat in 12 foot of water with a tube tipped with bait. my budd also landed 3 in 20 ft of water with the same presentation. then it slowed down hard core. did not land any thing else for about three hours. i moved out deeper and finally hooked up twice in 22 ft of water. landed both. my buddy also landed one. tried depths of 30 and 37 with no success. then moved into 16 ft before i left and wam caught another fish but this time a rainbow. that was it. i caught 6 my buddy caught 4 one of which was on my rod but i let him count it any way. usually i catch a lot more or at least have a lot more action with bites. it has slowed down considerably. bummer[Sad]. i forgot to bring a watch so we left a little early and went back to the car. we still had time so on the way home we hit the middle provo. saw probably 20 other people fishin the same section. i pulled up for 30 mins and caught a beautifull 14 inch brown on a white gitizit.

all the fish were released except for the rainbow whcich is already being digested in my stomach.

mmmm tasty[Wink]

jr8fish
[signature]
What was the ice like? I would like to get out one last time and test my new fishfinder, and it looks like Strawberry is the only safe ice nearby at this time. Thanks.
[signature]
I was up there on Saturday and in my opinion the real ice underneath all the slush was about 12 inches thick. I caught 14 in about 3 hours of fishing. I was fishing in about 50 feet of water using a fishfinder. Take some waterproof boots and you would have to be crazy to drive your snow machines out on the ice. Hope this helps.
[signature]
me and fishcrazy were also up at the berry today started fishing about 930 AM in 57" of water caught 15 fish between us fish were anywhere from about 35' to bottom most at about 40" used 2" white tubes tipped with nightcrawlers also got a coule on a green 1" tube all were cutts in the slot biggest 19"

we fished off the marina the snow is packed hard from all the snowmobile traffic easy to walk on no slush to deal with
[signature]