Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another question about fish finders
[reply]
[size 1]What I need to check is the different cone angles that are available for the duel freq. [/size]

[/reply]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]WH2,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What is your reasoning for dual fequency? I really don't beieve you will need dual frequency sonar. The 200khz unit will do everything you'll need and want and costs a few buck cheaper. I've got the dual frequency 50/200khz Lowrance unit. The 20 deg, 200khz transducer for Utah fresh water lakes will do it all. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Dual frequency units cone with transducers with dual cone angles. Why? Because when you have the 50khz gong and shooting 1000+ feet down, you don't want to see half the bottom of the ocean that a 20 degree cone would give, That why 9 deg cones are standard for 50khz on the Lowrance units.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What you haven't talked about is vertical pixel count. This will be one of the most important features you can buy. This gives you the line seperation and detail you'll want when vertical jigging. Let's face it, that's where all this is needed. When trolling you don't need the line separation and detail when trolling. Ask IceFishingGod how he likes his X135 unit for jigging macks. It has 480 vertical pixels and the detail you can see, once you learn how to read it, is great. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] If you are planning to spend your hard earned money, I suggest you take the time to visit each manufacturer's website and learn as much as you can. The Lowrance site has a lot of good information on all the info you are seeking. All the questions you have, are answered in layman's terms and are easy to understand.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Here's a good place to start.[/size][/font] [center][url "http://www.lowrance.com/Support/sonar.asp"]Lowarance Sonar's Learning Zone[/url][/center]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [wiperhunter2] Another question about fish finders - by BearLakeMack - 03-20-2004, 03:04 PM