Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another question about fish finders
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I don't beleive I missed anything. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What I'm saying is you really don't need dual frequency. Dual frequency is made for DEEP water. 80 ft is not considered deep water. 1000 ft deep is considered deep water. Will dual frequency work in 80 ft? Yes but there is no advantage. The 200khz, standard tranducer will do everything you are wanting.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm using my dual frequency sonar as my ice fishing fishfinder with the 200khz transducer and get perfect results. Why pay more for stuff you'll rarely use or need when that extra cash can go to upgrade to the next step up model that has faster processing speed and more menu options that can inhance your fishing experience?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If I'm right the 480 max has an 18 degree transducer. This is fine for both your senarios. At 80 ft deep you're seeing about (without trigging it out) a 25 ft circle. That's not too big. Even at a 100 ft deep, that's less than 34ft diameter. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Whatever you buy should work just fine. If you've never used or seen some of the stuff you think you need then the second best thing is to rely on the experiences of people you think you can trust that have used and own it. I'm just trying to give you the culmination of my experiences to help you make the best informed decision. Whether you decide to use it is your decision. Good Luck in your search for the perfect sonar.[/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [wiperhunter2] Another question about fish finders - by BearLakeMack - 03-21-2004, 03:47 PM