Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first largemouth at lincoln beach sunday 3-21
Got there at noon and fished the same point from yesterday to see if i could hook the one that got away from my son yesterday and look what i caught!By the way my daughter is not a very good photographer! [Tongue]
[signature]
nice prize for the day........
[signature]
[cool]Hey, nice Largie, ocean! Were you fishin' for cats when you caught him, or were you chuckin jigs at him? Did you catch anything else?

Next Saturday should be fun out there!
[signature]
Nice catch!! Whats the water temp?? A little chilly still for bare feet! LOL
[signature]
My daughter was fishing for cats and i was throwing spinners.And when she hit i thought it was a snag !But snags dont pull back that hard!I started out with nonmooses spinners and was getting hits on them but i figure it might have been white bass because i couldnt hook them on those big spinners.Eventually i lost them all due to snags!So i threw in a chartreuse spinner and with the first cast wham a LMB!The water temp wasnt that bad me and my daughter were barefoot in the water.Cant wait to get some waders .
[signature]
I overheard some guy out there say the water temp was 59 degrees.
[signature]
Nice looking fish bro. I will be going out soon. I'll put up some pics too.
[signature]
wow! gotta love largies! did you guys end up catching any cats?

JOe
[signature]
Nice fish but it looks like the dog wants some of it too!
[signature]
Nice fish. congrats
[signature]
We didnt catch any cats but i talked to several people at the boat ramp and they said they were catching lots of mudcats on the channel leading out from the boat ramp.
[signature]
Nice FISH man! What did you catch him on?
[signature]
Caught it at the second warm springs from the boat ramp on the northern point.
[signature]
I caught him on a chartreuse spinner.
[signature]
[Smile]nice fish ocean. do you usually catch very many bass out of there in the summertime or is it just hit and miss on the fishing. trfishin
[signature]
It was my first one !And i am from florida and i had so many friends that fished for them and i stuck to the ocean!Damn it kills me now to know how good i would have had it if i just tried for them there at okechobee![pirate]
[signature]
hey ocean i went to florida and went on a guided trip for largemouth bass. i went with bears big bass guide service. i still can't believe how good the fishing was, i caught 58 largemouths in 7 hours and they were all from 4 1/2 pounds to 8 1/2 pounds. the 8 1/2pounders is now on my wall thanks to a reproduction mount and it looks great. i can't wait to get back out on the water for some of those largemouths in florida someday. i think that we all forget how good we have it sometimes until we go other places and see what they don't have and we do. trfishin
[signature]
Alot of guys are not familiar with Bass Fishing .. It's a sport that draws billions of dollars a year. It's the MOST pursued fish in the United States of America. The great thing about them is that they manage themselves. They are smart and mean. I have seen a baby duck lose it's life to a LMB without a splash. I have seen them take hand-sized bluegill in one gulp. Their jaws are very powerful and can crush a crawdad with a flare of it's gills. They have a very hard mouth and can withstand a big crankbait's hooks. That is why you must SET-THE-HOOK! I love these beauties!

The regulations on the local lakes are for the by-the-bucket fisherman. I have seen several fisherman take home buckets full of LMB.

It's a unique feeling when a BASS takes your bait. It will rip the rod out of your hand and leave you crying. You should try tournament fishing and kicking the crap out of your competition. The competitive nature of this sport is a pure rush! I have spent some time on many boats. Most good and some bad. I have worked my share of the Net and have commanded many to do the same. I have seen grown men fall to their knees when they miss the hook-set on a monster. [including myself] But the true fun is seeing my kids response when they hook into a fish that gives them the ultimate battle. They are wide-eyed and excited. It is a good thing when they are asking you to take them.

I hope that you give the bass thing a fair share and may your line be changed every month. There is room for learning the sport and figuring these fish out. I hope to see you on the water soon.
[signature]