Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crawdads in utah lake
Does anyone know if there are any crawdads in utah lake?Just wondering if there are some maybe the walleye,,lmb feed on them.
[signature]
I know for a fact that there are crawdads in Utah Lake. The problem is their numbers are tiny. I have seen some in the Provo River, about 1/2 mile upstream from the lake, and upstream closer to Geneva Road as well. If they are there then they're in the lake too. I think because of how muddy Utah Lake is, with very few rocks, there's not much habitat where crawdads can survive.

I wouldn't go trying to catch any there cause you probably won't. Maybe in the more rocky areas like Lincoln Beach.
[signature]
I have seen them in the jordan river up close to the pump house.
[signature]
I've caught a couple of LMB on a black & blue jig-n-pig at Lindon.
[signature]
ocean i don't know if there is any crawdads in utah lake but i know that there some in the gorge, because i have seen them in the rocks and in the bellies of some macks and smallmouth bass. trfishin
[signature]
Yea there's crawdads in Utah Lake.
[signature]
I'd be willing to bet that aside from the Great Salt Lake and the high mountain lakes, that you'd be hard pressed to find a body of water in this state that doesn't have them.
[signature]
I've seen a few at Lindon Boat Harbor. The biggest I've seen over there was close to 6" long. I've seen their exoskeletons on the shoreline at the harbor, but like someone said, their numbers are not that great compared to Strawberry or Scofield.

kastmaster
[signature]
I've seen them in saratoga marina, just about every lake in the state has them now. later chuck
[signature]
I take a craw trap with me when I night fish by the model air plane strip N.W of the pumps. We get some pretty good sized craws when we through the trap out in the bends. This time of year you will also get quite a few little biddy cat fish. Come to think of it you'll get little biddy cats no mater what you through out. We have had craw boils right on shore while cat fishing. Lots of fun. Also have trapped many in the channel up to the head gates on the lake side. Very tasty snack while out for the night.
[signature]
I've caught plenty of big bass out of Utah Lake that had crawdad pinchers comin' out their throats or pukin' up crawdad parts when I real 'em in...they're definitely in there...
[signature]
Cool good to know that cause my wife bought me a tackle box full of salted crawdad jigs 2 years ago and i have never used them.She always harrases me about not using them.Guess i will have to give them a try this saturday![Wink]
[signature]
there are tons of craws at lincoln between the two fingers by the ramp. there are also tons in the jordan river in lehi. when the water gets drained in the winter time i go down there and turn over any kind of structure. boards, rocks, logs. there are also bullfrogs under some of the stuff down there.. kind scary when you flip over a peice of ply wood and a big ol bull frog is sittin there.

JOe
[signature]