Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oxford reservior question????
hey i was driving down the road a few years ago and saw a sign oxford res. i saw that it was very little and was wondering if there is any fish in it if so what are there. any info would be great thanks trfishin
[signature]
I'm assuming that you're talking about the Oxford Reservoir between the towns of Oxford and Swan Lake. The F&G fish stocking web page doesn't show any record of Oxford Reservoir being stocked (the records on the web page only go back to 1967 though).
In late May (possibly early June) of 2002 I tried fishing Oxford for an hour until it got too dark. I didn't catch any fish but what surprised me most is that I didn't see a single fish rise or any other signs of fish. I had a bobber with a worm out while I fished a small spinnerbait and a few other lures. I've been told that Oxford use have a good population of bass. One guy told me they were smallmouths but everything else I have heard said that the bass were largemouths. I’ve also read that there are perch and bluegill in there. I haven't heard of anyone else catching any fish out of there in recent years and I have never seen anyone else fishing when I have driven by. I'll probably give it another try in a couple months. Best of luck to you if you try it and hopefully you will find something that I missed.
[signature]
[Smile]thanks brianID for the info. and maybe sometime i will try it if i get up there this summer.
thanks again trfishin
[signature]