Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best place to launch a boat at Utah lake???
I was just wondering where the best place is to launch a boat at Utah lake. I've got a 19 foot inboard/outboard and really don't feel like dragging my outdrive and dinging up my prop on the bottom. I have heard in the past few years it has been too shallow to even bother with. Is the lake deep enough in some areas or is it kinda risky? Are the ramps in good condition? I've never been on Utah lake and would appreciate any advice on where to go and equally important what areas to stay away from... Thanks!

Bigcat
[signature]
saw at least 3 boat launch from lindon last tuesday
[signature]
hey i had my boat out at lincoln yesterday and its realy shalow there you can get out but theres no way of saying your not going to hit your prop dude.. i just put my rock prop in for this lake that way i don't worry to much about hitting it.. once you get past the jetty its about 5 to 6 feet deep but tell you get past that it a dice roll on hitting the prop..

from the fuzzyfisher---------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
If you NEVER want to ding your prop I would avoid Utah Lake. Even in the best of times the water is quite shallow. As far as areas to avoid, Bird Island and anywhere within a couple hundred yards of Lincoln Beach. That said, I wouldn't hesitate taking my 18'3" boat out on Utah Lake today. I guess I am willing to take a little more risk, and maybe that is why I am on a first-name basis with the prop repair shop!
[signature]
I have had my boat out 4 times this year, and have launched from Lindon. It is 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep going out of the harbor. I have also been over to A.F. and had to raise the motor up to get into the harbor. I will be at Lindon fishing tonight.

Alan
[signature]
I took my little 5 year old son out on my boat this morning at Lindon, checked the depth on my sonar and the deepest part ranges from 2 and half feet to 4 feet. Just watch the white poles and they are your guide. Stay right in the middle of the harbor mouth and it will be about 4 feet. If you veer to the left or the right of the dikes it will show 2 and half feet. Ha ha. Just stay centered and you'll be fine.

As for Provo Boat harbor, the harbor itself is four feet and if you follow along the dikes and stay within the bouys all along the dike it is 8 feet deep. The general lake itself is 4-6 feet...

If you hot rod it to bird island, but watch the sonar as you get close and you will see the island, the water gets to 10-12 feet deep there, lots of cats and walleyes there.
[signature]