Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon/American fork Harbor 3/25/04
I took my 5 year old son catfishing for his first time on my boat today, and boy was he very excited when he got his first bite and a cat got away!

Lindon was dull and no bites, and so I tried trolling in front of Lindon harbor with my boy trolling for the first time, alas nothing!

I sped up to American fork harbor, I hooked my son up with worm and shrimp combo and threw it next to the dikes... fiftten minutes later, the cat almost took the rod out of his hands... ha ha, and then spat out the hook. Lost him, and that was the only action of the day. My son had a blast and thought it was funny to get splashed on by a cat.

Stop being selfish, and give up a little bit of your serious fishing time to take a child fishing and work with him/her to enjoy quality time together fishing! It sure put a big Smile on my boy's face coming home![Smile]
[signature]
Saw you two this morning. I was pitching for LMB with no luck there on the north side of the harbor. Caught a few crappie on the dock, but the fishing was pretty slow today. Nice to see you out with your son, he had me laughing! Nice to see you again, and thanks for turning me on to this site last year. Nails
[signature]
Gary, What were you throwing? Don't tell me you were throwing that ugly Zipper Worm. He he he. What was the water temp?
[signature]
sounds like fun.... i love taking my little bro fishing.

JOe
[signature]
Yup! Throwing that ugly zipper worm. It really served me well there for a couple of weeks, including the week we visited down there. Hope all is well with you over there, and I can't wait till you get back so we can rip some lips together again. I have been catching a few crappie in the harbor, but the bass seem to have shut down in the harbor this past week. The water temp has been in the 60's in the harbor with the main lake at about 57 degrees. The water level is rising, there is nearly 5 feet of water under the old docks there in Lindon. Seems that the water will keep rising for a few more weeks, then the powers that be will start running the water down the Jordan again. The news last night said that
SLC may go on water restrictions again this summer if we don't get more snow. The snowpack is down to 70% or so again in the Provo drainage, and that doesn't boce well for Utah lake. Only time will tell I guess, we are getting rain today, and some snow in the mountains with more likely tonight and tomorrow. Think scaly thoughts, and we'll see you when you get back! Nails
[signature]
One thing I know about kids is that if there catching something there happy. Last year I went down to that little boat launch down by genola. I think it is just South of the 3rd spring, any way I was fishing off the bank with crawlers and couldn't get a cup of coffee down with out being hit by some descent sized muddy. By the looks of it there should be chanellers but I haven't caught any yet, I think the muddy's were picking it up too fast. I guess you don't have to be a kid to have fun just catching something. personally I like eating the muddy's better than eating chanellers any way.

INSANE4THEGAME
[signature]
Ken,

Are we still going to get out this week? Walleye at deercreek maybe? Give me a call
[signature]
Yes Sir we are. I'll give you a call Sunday night. Good Handle!
[signature]