Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bountiful Pond 3/24/04
Headed out to the pond 3 times yesterday. Once at 2 p.m. fished it fo an hour. Nothing there. Saw a few trout caught with worm and marshmellow. Back at 5 p.m. fished till 6:45, nothing. I had to grab my net to help a guy yank a big 30" carp out of the water. It was his first time there and he thought it was just a trout pond. He landed it on 6 pound test on an ultralight outfit. It was fun to watch. Wish it was me[angelic]. Went back once more at around 11:30 at night. Again nothing although I talked to a few guys with some decent sized cats. They all were caught between 8 and 10 pm. I think I'll head out again tonight. Anyone wanna meat me out there?

I never saw ya out there sharkhunter. Did you get a chance to make it?
[signature]
[size 1]"he thought it was just a trout pond."[/size]

[size 1]JUST a trout pond? Blasphemy! Trout are the only fish in this glorious state. [/size]

[size 1]OKay, just kidding. I'd rather catch a big carp too. How big are the cats in this pond? I might need to head out there.[/size]

[size 1]Thanks for the report. Need more powerbait. Catch more trout.[/size]
[signature]
it good to here sombodys catching something there the last few times i went i havent even had a bite...i useally go after bass,cats or carp for the fight
[signature]
I made i out htere a few times yesterday once for lunch and then a little later in the afternoon between jobs. but I didn't get anything. I was using mostly just spiners and some tube jigs, in the northwest corner, by the outlet.
[signature]
Last year I caught several over the 6 pound mark. My largest was 9 1/2 pounds. They will start stocking the pond with catfish in the end of april.
[signature]
I was there on monday and I caught 10 trout 2 carp and 2 catfish. I was wondering if they just stocked it with trout. The trout were taking bread by the inlet. Thanks

Fishkid
[signature]
[Sad]Dang I would like to. I live about a mile from the ponds, But, until April 15th, I am tied up doing taxes. After that, bring it on.
[signature]
I am up there virtually every day of the week after dark. Usually after 8 or 9 pm. Sometimes earlier. Just look for a silver chrysler lhs with bft stickers on the top of the windshield and bottom of the rear window.
[signature]
I thought I was the only one foolish enough to be tied up doing income tax returns. It was kinda fun for the first 25 years, but it got old after that!
[signature]