Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actual fishing report-Maybey Pond
I went to Maybe pond in clearfield this afternoon during the rainstorm. Lost 3 lures to a submerged tree, but that's it. I got cold and went home after about an hour.

I took my son back over there about 5:30. I was using minnows, he used worms under a bobber. I didn't catch anything, but he caught a nice bass, about 14"s. Took it home and was cleaning it out, and discovered it was full of some sort of parasitic worm, so I don't think I'll be keeping any more of those. I saw one other bass caught by a guy in a float tube, and heard of some others being caught. Not sure what size they were, or what they were using.

One of the local residents came out her back door to chew out the guys in the float tubes. Apparently they were invading her personal space. They were a good 30 yards away from her back yard. I don't see how someone can own part of a pond, but I've heard of stranger things. There are signs posted by the youth center giving either suggestions or regulations, not sure which. They stated no more than one bass over 16"s, and no more than 4 fish, and no boats at this time. I'm not sure who posted the signs, or how official they were. The only signs posted where the guys in the float tubes launched stated that you could only fish between the signs. If you ventured either east or west, you'd be on private property.

It's a fun little place to fish though. I'll probably go back tomorrow morning. It's like 2 miles from my house.

I now return you to your banter. Banter on.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I didn't make it that way today. I think the people over there are very territorial. I don't think they were very happy about them opening it up.When I was there the other day there were some younger people [17 to 19 ] fishing and trying to get alot of places where they shouldn't be.So I think the people that live around there are woried about their yards and stuff.I know the guys were in float tubes but she was probably worried about them landing in her yard. I live 2 blocks away and I am enjoying fishing so close to home. We go over in the afternoon after the kids get out of school. It is great I just hope that everyone can respect the people who live around there so we can keep on fishing it.
[signature]
I would probably feel about the same way, if somebody opened up my private pond to public fishing. The funniest part for me was when she said there weren't supposed to be any boats on the water, and she had 2 in her back yard, 1 of which was in the water.

I like fishing close to home also. Especially when I'm taking the kids. That way more of the trip is spent fishing, and less driving.
[signature]
The fishing reports have been few and far between, thanks for posting yours. I wonder if those fish came from Pelican lake, those fish have parasitic worms in them also. WH2
[signature]